UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just occured to me- was mentioned at the end of the SEED panel that fans had asked about things they shouldn't.

If you look up the hashtag, lots of people asked about the SEED movie. But that wasn't raised.

Safe to say it was when this was recorded they tried and it offended Sunrise?

In case some folks missed it, it seems Anime Limited have acquired Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. The Lupin the IIIrd films (Jigen's Gravestone, Goemon's Blood Spray & Fujiko's Lie) "would be the most logical next step after The Woman Called Fujiko Mine".

Did I miss when the announced they had Fujiko Mine? I'd assumed they'd get it after Andrew said on here it was one of his favourites but didn't actually see an announcement.

In case some folks missed it, it seems Anime Limited have acquired Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. The Lupin the IIIrd films (Jigen's Gravestone, Goemon's Blood Spray & Fujiko's Lie) "would be the most logical next step after The Woman Called Fujiko Mine".
Just as I posted my confusion 😂

Did I miss when the announced they had Fujiko Mine? I'd assumed they'd get it after Andrew said on here it was one of his favourites but didn't actually see an announcement.
They never officially announced it, but if you think about it it makes sense because the entire series is on Screen Anime.

Interesting to hear that they’re authoring their own discs for InuYasha as well. I can’t recall exactly if they only have the first season or all of it.

Interesting to hear that they’re authoring their own discs for InuYasha as well. I can’t recall exactly if they only have the first season or all of it.
So far they just mentioned Season 1 (aka Set 1). In terms of disc authoring, there's two factors to this:
  1. Viz titles I have seen often get re-authored for Region B, sometimes the Dub extras would get omitted.
  2. The Viz Blu-rays are controversial due to having a "dropped framerate" issue that has been occurring throughout all of the sets released so far. Seems to be an issue of making the series 1080p rather than 1080i (the exact reason is all over the place on the Blu-ray forum thread so if Mangaranga, Prof Who or Scavenger ever sees this, a TL;DR would help).

Back