UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm going back and forth on Violet Evergarden. It has some very nice artwork and I can see people are excited which is a strong indication of quality. But on the other hand I spent a ton lately on Turn A Gundam if I am being brutally honest the synopsis on AL's website honestly makes it sound kind of dull to me.

Then again some of my favorite Anime like Bacanno was very undersold by the synopsis

I'm going back and forth on Violet Evergarden. It has some very nice artwork and I can see people are excited which is a strong indication of quality. But on the other hand I spent a ton lately on Turn A Gundam if I am being brutally honest the synopsis on AL's website honestly makes it sound kind of dull to me.

Then again some of my favorite Anime like Bacanno was very undersold by the synopsis

I looked through your list and looks like you haven't watched a single KyoAni series, only A Silent Voice. That's surely a bannable offense? :p

All the Violet Evergarden episodes are on Netflix if you want to try before you buy, or just watch the whole thing. I highly recommend the series myself.

Violet Evergarden is my #1 favorite anime of all time now, followed by Ancient Magus Bride. Then come my original #1 and #2 Girls with Guns series Noir and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. VE can't be too bad to be able to vault past my namesake top favorite anime genre of forever. Hmm, but then, Violet does carry and shoot a rifle in the series, so...

Is Tamako Market still scheduled for Monday?
Someone asked on Facebook today and this was their answer.

"Just waiting on the stock delivery to arrive at our fulfilment house - is due any time now. Orders for that will begin shipping as soon as they're able 👍"

I got one yesterday too, hopefully the postie hasn't turned up yet and the package hasn't been left outside and nicked by a neighbour :/

Oh dang. Royal Mail shouldn't be leaving packages outside like that, If your postie does do that you should report it. Also if you have neighbors that do steal your stuff it might be worth investing in one of those camera door bells or something.

Oh dang. Royal Mail shouldn't be leaving packages outside like that, If your postie does do that you should report it. Also if you have neighbors that do steal your stuff it might be worth investing in one of those camera door bells or something.

You're right on both counts, tbf to my posties I don't think they've done that for a long time it's just something I worry about because a number of packages got nicked a couple of years ago. They are planning to install CCTV in my building actually, which I have mixed feelings about but might at least deter thieves. I think Tamako Market/Love Story CE will probably arrive on Monday as I didn't pay for faster shipping - I asked the postie today when they were in the building and they said today it's just the one smaller package (which was a secondhand copy of the Funimation US release of Cheer Boys!! that I got for really cheap and as I suspected didn't have to pay customs on, sounded like a fun series) :)

Violet Evergarden is my #1 favorite anime of all time now, followed by Ancient Magus Bride. Then come my original #1 and #2 Girls with Guns series Noir and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. VE can't be too bad to be able to vault past my namesake top favorite anime genre of forever. Hmm, but then, Violet does carry and shoot a rifle in the series, so...
Originally her weapon of choice was a massive axe. If you look at the original CM it's still there
(and it looks a little absurd actually, if you think about it outside of the almost fairy tale-esque atmosphere that the CM still has.)
Anime TV changed that to what it is. It suits the setting and mood that it has there a deal more. (Though Badass Beautiful Girl with Massive Axe would probably have some rarity value.)

I bought you guys’ release of Seasons 1 & 2 of Tokyo Ghoul: Re on Blu-ray today...Thought it was about time I did seeing as I already have Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul: Root A on Blu-ray (also from you guys) ^^

Missed the boat quite a bit.... like it feels what I worried is coming to pass no S5 so it just ends in the middle of story.
Missing the boat is an understatement! I feel like the boat has set off, done a round the world tour, got back and has had it's feet up for a few months! 😂
I'm sure when it does finally come out it'll look beautiful but even the Aussie release was over a year and a half ago...

Back