UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If we're talking Kaze rescues then Nisekoi would be a good shout, but with Funi dubbing some AoA series that is one that I can see them possibly nabbing and giving a dub to reach a wider market. And a good reason for a THIRD US release 🤑

I think at this point AL are going for any licence that lapses in the UK 😂 Blood C is a pretty good get but if they really want to impress me get Blood+!!!!!
I asked Andrew about the possibility of Blood+ at comic con a couple if years back and he said Sony had the UK rights for it. He sounded pretty angry about it and if he could he wouldve brought it over by now but Sony refuse to let them go apparently.

I asked Andrew about the possibility of Blood+ at comic con a couple if years back and he said Sony had the UK rights for it. He sounded pretty angry about it and if he could he wouldve brought it over by now but Sony refuse to let them go apparently.
So Sony are still not budging then, they came out with the same things just after the US release, which went OOP rather quickly. a wonderful series but alas I can't see a UK release happening.

So Sony are still not budging then, they came out with the same things just after the US release, which went OOP rather quickly. a wonderful series but alas I can't see a UK release happening.
The only hope I see at the moment is that Manga are now owned by Song through Funimation. But I'm not sure they'd release such an old title. It's annoying as it would definitely sell.

The only hope I see at the moment is that Manga are now owned by Song through Funimation. But I'm not sure they'd release such an old title. It's annoying as it would definitely sell.
The real question is which Sony department has it, Sony pictures owns one thing, another one owns Aniplex, another one owns something else, there are too many and not all the same branch, let alone the same company.

did anyone buy the previous AL release of the Attack on Titan soundtrack CD and could answer some questions?
was the OBI on it paper or cardboard like japanese ones usually are and was the cover insert on some glossy paper or the usual paper these things are printed on?

also on a funny note, whoever packaged the CD version put the cover insert backwards so the cover was on the inside of the case

I think at this point AL are going for any licence that lapses in the UK 😂 Blood C is a pretty good get but if they really want to impress me get Blood+!!!!!

OMG I LOVED Blood+ I really hope that gets brought to the UK on Blu-ray!!!! :)

Edit: Oop sorry I didn't see that there was another page of posts XP that is unfortunate I guess it's a similar situation as with Nodame Cantabile then :(

OMG I LOVED Blood+ I really hope that gets brought to the UK on Blu-ray!!!! :)

Edit: Oop sorry I didn't see that there was another page of posts XP that is unfortunate I guess it's a similar situation as with Nodame Cantabile then :(
With Sony having bought Funimation I'd say there's much more of a chance of a US/UK release than there was this time last year.

I'm sure at some point some Funi bigwig will just sit up and go 'oh s#it do we own that now?!'. Considering how well it originally sold they're just leaving money on the shelf.

Love Blood+ and have the DVD box sets, tempted to even get the JP BD release with no English. Would be awesome if AL could get that one. But, i'm also a fan of Blood C, if it got an all in one CE release with series and movie in a rigid box and digipak, I'd be all over it.

1st I would guess. I think SLA might have all 3 two streaming one in cinemas (then streaming come JP BD) As in the VN its assumed you know Fate route and UBW, and the film doesn't introduce people I do think you need to at least see UBW.

Yeah, I think it's unlikely that there will be a online stream of the third one this far from the JP BD release. Has a release date for the BD in Japan even been announced? I can see the danger of high quality webrips spreading like wildfire being too great for a hyped movie such as this one. I think what thedoctor2016 writes is most likely the case, but then again, who knows in a year like this one.

Positive though, nevertheless, as it means screen anime is branching out.

Back