The General Conversation Area

the same conversation between Togusa and Kusanagi has a comment about a woman's age being much higher than Togusa realised, and it isn't clear who he's talking about
Ah, yeah. That sounds like a pretty common way that translation from Japanese can sometimes run aground. Japanese often omits pronouns as well as elements "understood in context" from sentences entirely, so if the translator isn't following things properly they can quite easily get a bit lost and end up having to just fudge something in order to have something to submit to their client. You can end up with some very unsatisfactory translation work from that.

(Manga's Steins;Gate DVD subtitles, I'm looking at you. 😒)

That's my guess at a possible cause not knowing the full context, anyway.

At last:
PLxrd7M.gif

Question for anyone who uses Netflix

How do you stop it auto-closing out of the movie or recommending something else as soon as the credits start?

Still 3 mins of the movie left (I love the ending theme to Ghibli movies) and having to restart it multiple times is kinda annoying

Turning Autoplay off seems to have worked

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200819-092643_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20200819-092705_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20200819-092715_Twitter.jpg
So this made my day recently. I tweeted about watching both the original and CG reboot of Inspector Gadget and look who liked it. If you dont know who Cree Summer is.......well shes a longtime VA since about the early 1980s (fun fact her dad Don Francks was the voice of Boba Fett in the animated segment of the Star Wars Holiday Special). Penny from Inspector Gadget was I think her first role but shes been Elmyra in Tiny Toon Adventures, Foxy Love in Drawn Together, Catwoman in DC Super Hero Girls, etc. Shes someone who I can legit say was a big part of my childhood. Its also not the first time we've crossed paths on Twitter since I tweeted months ago about learning that she was Kim in The Care Bears Movie, which I watched as a kid

anyone else use the ebay saved search daily email thing and getting stuff bypassing the filter? i have a couple of movies set to blu-ray but for the last couple days i've had emails full of dvd listings despite the saved search on the site showing only blu-ray when i go to it

Hi all, just a ghost of ages past visiting again. Hope all are well and @Rui hasn't forgotten us ancient members lol.

Recently returned to anime after a long hiatus and subsequently ended up ordering 5 naruto characters nendoroids and a 6inch kurama funko pop after binge watching the hundreds of episodes that have been released on crunchyroll since the last time I watched Naruto shippuden.

Any recommendations for other shows that are worth a watch? I enjoy more than just shonen and retain my anime collection (now I have a house to store it in) but as I've been out of the anime circle for probably 4 or 5 years I'm not sure what to watch next so any help would be appreciated

There's been a new Gundam series (Iron Blooded Orphans) and film set (origins). Full Metal Panic also got a new series & Berserk got a new cgi series. Ghost in the Shell has had over 9000 new series & films.

Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online have been 2 of the most popular new series I think. I'm sure other people will add more, I've fallen out of the loop a bit as I don't get much time to watch anything now!

Back