The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Crunchyroll recently announced a Blu-ray release for Nana outside the UK.
But only for French-speaking territories and certainly not English-friendly

Question for anyone who's watched the Cloud Matsuri event today

Was Cannon Busters promoted? If so, any comments and/or news about the Kickstarter?

Manga UK / Makestuff have been completely silent about things for well over a year now (almost 2) even though their last update informed backers they would be updating monthly.

Does anyone have the UK edition of Humanity has Declined and could tell me how it looks inside? (As in has the sleeve a reverse side print or not?)

Does anyone have the UK edition of Humanity has Declined and could tell me how it looks inside? (As in has the sleeve a reverse side print or not?)
Here's the outside and inside slip cover of the UK Blu-ray.

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_104910323.jpg
    IMG_20200612_104910323.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200612_105030045.jpg
    IMG_20200612_105030045.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 8
@NormanicGrav , the answer I got back from UP1 regarding this that they don't have a pre-order price guarantee policy, but you'll be charged at the price listed on our web site.

In fact this answer doesn't say much to me, but I guess it means whenever they ship it will be the price that is shown on the website at that particular time.
Figured I'll bring back this quote. My Shield Hero LE Part 1 finally dispatched and surprisingly they actually charged me the new price - £31.50 and £3.50 postage.

Does anyone have a few Anime titles on mind that would fall under something like "Fantasy Science Fiction"? As strange as that sounds, it's basically a setting that is clearly a Science Fiction setting, but the world also has a look and feel of a (somewhat high) Fantasy one.

Titles that came to mind so far:
Index/Railgun Franchise
Utawarerumono Franchise
Shinsekai Yori (Not exactly, but the ESP superpower part is presented so mystefied it's halfway looking like Fantasy.)
(Scrapped Princess, though the SciFi Part feels more like an afterthought there.)

Anything else? 🤔

Does anyone have a few Anime titles on mind that would fall under something like "Fantasy Science Fiction"? As strange as that sounds, it's basically a setting that is clearly a Science Fiction setting, but the world also has a look and feel of a (somewhat high) Fantasy one.

Titles that came to mind so far:
Index/Railgun Franchise
Utawarerumono Franchise
Shinsekai Yori (Not exactly, but the ESP superpower part is presented so mystefied it's halfway looking like Fantasy.)
(Scrapped Princess, though the SciFi Part feels more like an afterthought there.)

Anything else? 🤔
Several isekei type shows fall into that bracket. Log Horizon, SAO, Gate, Saga of Tanya the Evil.

Other possibles include Drifters, From the New World, Excel Saga, Final Fantasy Kingsglaive.

Hm, I should probably precise it a bit. I was more thinking of when (hard) science fiction's futuristic tech flavour side coexists alongside with the high fantasy magical flavors preferrably in the same plane of reality rather than seggregated subrealities tucked inside another. Also whilst both have equal measures of influence on the world's society.

SAO kind of peripherically still fits, but wasn't excatly what I was having in mind. So same goes for hack. (Both fall into that "subrealities" category.)

Log Horizon feels more like High Fantasy with Soft SciFi aspects, at least as far as I read the LNs.

AoT I guess fits, though it's not that high SciFi as in with a lot of very advanced tech. Same for Tanya.

Haven't watched the rest yet (bar From the New World, which is the same as Shinsekai yori)

Hm, I should probably precise it a bit. I was more thinking of when (hard) science fiction's futuristic tech flavour side coexists alongside with the high fantasy magical flavors preferrably in the same plane of reality rather than seggregated subrealities tucked inside another. Also whilst both have equal measures of influence on the world's society.

SAO kind of peripherically still fits, but wasn't excatly what I was having in mind. So same goes for hack. (Both fall into that "subrealities" category.)

Log Horizon feels more like High Fantasy with Soft SciFi aspects, at least as far as I read the LNs.

AoT I guess fits, though it's not that high SciFi as in with a lot of very advanced tech. Same for Tanya.

Haven't watched the rest yet (bar From the New World, which is the same as Shinsekai yori)
Hmmm.

Vision of Escaflowne is fantasy with sci fi (mechs and stuff) added in.

Code Geass as well is a sci fi show with a fantasy element of the Geass being a magic ability.

Then you have something like Noein which is a sci fi but the science is stretched so far as to be basically fantasy magic. (Not a criticism, it's one if my all time fave shows)

Vision of Escaflowne is fantasy with sci fi (mechs and stuff) added in.

Code Geass as well is a sci fi show with a fantasy element of the Geass being a magic ability.

Then you have something like Noein which is a sci fi but the science is stretched so far as to be basically fantasy magic. (Not a criticism, it's one if my all time fave shows)
Watched all of those three already. Wouldn't put Escaflowne so much in there, as it's not coming off so much like advanced tech (ind the same way that Rahxephon and Evangelion don't come off too much like High Fantasy despite dealing mythical beings or Gods of sorts.)

Code Geass kind of half fits, but it's more urban fantasy (not everyone has heard of it/Hidden from normal known world history.)

Noein, I agree the science part is a bit of a stretch, but would consider that SciFi-only still. ^^;

@D1tchd1gger
I wouldn't mind VNs at this point either (the better amounts of Utawarerumono are in its VNs), or games all that much, unless the game part is overwhelming (I really don't like videogames as in the game part. Be that RPG or shooter or whatever.) So like if I could watch playthroughs just for the story works I'll gladly take that too.

(As for FF though I know about FF7, which stucks me less Fantasy but very much SciFi through.)

Does Knights & Magic count? I haven't watched it.
Watched that one. It does have science parts next to magic, but rather than being Science Fiction it's not like the Isekai protagonist introducing all the new tech themselves.

Kind of just remembered that there is also The irregular at magic high school. (Which is more scientified magic fantasy, but would also take something like that, as it's having impact on the world machineries.

It's been years since I watched it so cant quite remember but doesnt Madlax have elements of both sci fi and fantasy?

Looking for some tips on a new Multi - Region BD player after mine died this morning. It'd have to be something I could go between A and B and also be able to set location on to get round some geo-locked discs.

I picked up my last player ~10 years ago based on a recommendation from here so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance :)

Looking for some tips on a new Multi - Region BD player after mine died this morning. It'd have to be something I could go between A and B and also be able to set location on to get round some geo-locked discs.

I picked up my last player ~10 years ago based on a recommendation from here so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance :)
I have been using this one for a few years now: LG BP-250 Region free Blu-ray Player, Multi Region: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
It doesn't support 3D nor 4K, but it works just fine playing content from every region I've tried. I see some reviws complaining about a 'faulty' remote, but that's due to needing to change the batteries and then it worked fine.

Back