The General Conversation Area

What’s interesting in this regard is the incredible disdain in which a lot of western art institutions seem to hold manga and anime
This would appear to be the case to a degree even in Japan as well. Jonathan Clements notes in his book Anime: a History that:

some Japanese scholars may even be discouraged . . . to select the simplistic, even childish term アニメ 'anime' on course applications, when compared to the more classically invested, academically persuasive titles such as 映画学 'film studies'.

Apparently it doesn't look as fancy on a CV.

I've always had a feeling it was cut and I was right now someone needs to leek the the uncensored versions

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/st...gordon-movie-you-may-never-see-and-much-more/

Which brings up the Judge Dredd rating controversy…
Judge Dredd was actually supposed to be a PG-13 movie. The production company at the time, Cynergy, they were having some financial troubles, so they didn’t have any UK executives on location in England. And in their absence, the director (Danny Cannon), wanting to make it true to the comic book, was making everything more and more and more violent. So when the movie was delivered to be cut, it was rated X. It was rated Xfour times!

I cancelled mine in the end. Wordery haven been hit pretty hard. Hope they recover soon.
I'm guessing it's printed in the US and they just couldn't get a shipment. Indeed I looked at Amazon.com and it was unavailable to purchase because they aren't shipping certain items here at the moment either. Just have to wait for now.

Cheers, but it's all good. I've got stuff to keep me going.
It is actually available at Amazon UK, but just with a long delivery estimate. I thought Wordery was a subsidiary of Amazon, so I don't know why they don't have copies and Amazon do 🤷‍♂️
You might be getting Wordery confused with Book Depository who are owned by Amazon.
I would go for Amazon too but I'm just gonna wait it out until Wordery's recovered. Got quite a few volumes I want at the moment

My god it's difficult to try and get grip seal bags to fit blu rays.

I managed to find several suppliers but they won't do custom sizes unless I order 5000 bags minimum.

I found out I need 16.5x20cm (17x20)
Someone on eBay was kind enough to send a picture of 19x19cm but the length is too large. 8f7e8c64196047c393096129ac73e639.jpgf06cedf0-9591-4e3c-a93e-32fc116734a1.jpg

Last edited:
My god it's difficult to try and get grip seal bags to fit blu rays.

I managed to find several suppliers but they won't do custom sizes unless I order 5000 bags minimum.

I found out I need 16.5x20cm (17x20)
Someone on eBay was kind enough to send a picture of 19x19cm but the length is too large. View attachment 13244View attachment 13245
are you looking for something like these?

they also do hard plastic ones too like
they fit slipcovered blu-rays perfectly the ones with no top or botton just both spines

are you looking for something like these?

they also do hard plastic ones too like
they fit slipcovered blu-rays perfectly the ones with no top or botton just both spines
Yeah I've seen these, I'm not a fan of the adhesive ones.
The other aren't cost effective for someone who has over 1000 standard anime blu ray cases.

For box sets that are too big to fit inside any of the clear PET box protectors I get for all my standard size anime Blu-ray and DVDs, I bought one of those 12" impulse sealers and use it to resize my own bags of whatever style or material I prefer - as long as the bag is compatible with a heat sealer. I just measure the anime box and then calculate the size I need, choose a bag a bit larger in size, run a seal across the bottom and along one side of the bag, and trim off the excess. Works great - you get a perfect fit for any size box! I do want to upgrade to a 16" sealer though, to make poly bags for even larger art boxes, like the Japanese releases often use.

71opT8zn1aL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Here is an image of a bag I made for the Amazon US Exclusive Cowboy Bebop release - I make the bag seal so it is on the open side of the box, or in this case the side that faces the back of the self, so you don't see the side or bottom seal at all when the box is sitting on the shelf:

heatseal.jpg

So I just ordered 29 custom made stainless steel shelves for £865
And I got to get them powder coated too.

So on my mission to acquire the metal needed I was quoted £5000 on my first quote. It wasn't much better with my second and third either.
Metal merchants! My god they like to waste your time there so expensive too.
So after some digging around I found someone that could do the fabrication in return for a press. He had 3/4 ton press and wanted a bigger one. After making some phone calls I got him a trade for his two smaller ones for a larger one nothing but a bit of petrol money.
So fabrication sorted, now I need the metal, after digging around I found some new leads and managed to get the metal for £1200 and managed to knock him down to £800 + £65 for shipping.

So now I just got to wait for them to be delivered to the powder coating yard.
(I have no idea how much that's going to cost but I'll worry about that next)
Then the next day, out of the blue I was offered a job.

were the ayumi concerts only supposed to be on for a couple days? went to the playlist link this morning to put one of them on and the entire thing is gone

Back