UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Do those Tenchi Muyo OVAs make sense if you've never watched any of the series?
If you mean Universe, it makes no odds, different time line entirely, the OVAs came first, even before any of the TV series and have no relation to the TV versions, apart from most of the characters.

It sure would be nice if someone would license and release the continuation of the series. hint hint wink wink

Do those Tenchi Muyo OVAs make sense if you've never watched any of the series?

As others mentioned the OVA's are the start of the whole thing so yes. Strictly speaking a number of the other shows such as Tenchi Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo are completely different universes with no relation other than re-using characters. It's kind of like how Gundam has it's main timeline then a bunch of alternate universes that all inexplicably have colonies who hate earth and someone who is coincidentally very similar but slightly different to Char.

@MVM:

Congratulations!

tenor.gif

What a pity my entertainment budget this month is spoken for in the video game sector or this would be great. That said I'm still plowing away through my christmas purchases anyway.

Last edited:
Toradora CE is now dated for 11th May. Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai CE, despite not being listed on their "April New Releases" section, is still dated for 27th April.

Back