UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
Bunny Girl Senpai seemingly pushed back to the 27th of April.
Looks like the spine and front cover going to both have bbfc and mvm logos on it (not great for a collectors edition IMO; will probably end up just paying extra for the aniplex version now)
Paying extortionate amounts to avoid some logos seems pretty extreme ngl

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
I bought the AoA set to get it before the film as only AoA has licensed the film currently and because it was 3 discs and 5 months before UK release aint bad either.

Azar

Stand User
When you buy Aniplex releases and then complain about UK CEs pricing all the time, it just comes off as hypocritical to me. UK CEs are usually at least half the price of AoA ones.

thedoctor2016

Symphogear
But this bunny girl set is £50 it’s not cheap either. Oh I spent an extra £30 but I got a extra disc and it faster so I think it’s worth it. But when terms in UK releases it’s highly priced for what it is.
Again SAO Alt used the AoA discs and was £30 a set.

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
Yes sure you can say MVM's releases are a bit pricey but in comparison to Aniplex it really is the much better option. Release times and disc count are trivial matters when you consider that you're paying a better price than Aniplex.

Wicker

Completely Average High School Student
MVM said on twitter that the outer box will be clean.
Friendship ended with Aniplex's release, now MVM is my best friend again
Paying extortionate amounts to avoid some logos seems pretty extreme ngl
Also I would argue though that for a collectors edition, one of the main reasons you would buy a collectors edition is for the display, so if you have logos taking up a third of the spine, its really not great.

Wicker

Completely Average High School Student
Additionally, I think that I would personally much rather pay £100 for a release of a series I like that I absolutely don't have any problems with, than pay £50 for a release that I've got a few issues with.

ActionFaust

Pokémon Master
Additionally, I think that I would personally much rather pay £100 for a release of a series I like that I absolutely don't have any problems with, than pay £50 for a release that I've got a few issues with.
Paying the extra £50 to avoid logos is a wild concept to me but whatever floats your boat lol

Vincentdante

Thousand Master
On the topic of AOA I got to admit to opening the floodgates a little as I ended up importing the last 3 Monogatari releases since MVM aren't likely to get them soon. Yes I still consider it a bad deal but I decided I shouldn't regret it as it has become one of my favourite shows which I really wanted to see the end off.

The only other thing to tempt me are the Fate releases since they come so early. Speaking of which Heavens Feel 2 looks like a May release now :(