UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Yes sure you can say MVM's releases are a bit pricey but in comparison to Aniplex it really is the much better option. Release times and disc count are trivial matters when you consider that you're paying a better price than Aniplex.

MVM said on twitter that the outer box will be clean.
Friendship ended with Aniplex's release, now MVM is my best friend again
Paying extortionate amounts to avoid some logos seems pretty extreme ngl
Also I would argue though that for a collectors edition, one of the main reasons you would buy a collectors edition is for the display, so if you have logos taking up a third of the spine, its really not great.

Additionally, I think that I would personally much rather pay £100 for a release of a series I like that I absolutely don't have any problems with, than pay £50 for a release that I've got a few issues with.

Additionally, I think that I would personally much rather pay £100 for a release of a series I like that I absolutely don't have any problems with, than pay £50 for a release that I've got a few issues with.
Paying the extra £50 to avoid logos is a wild concept to me but whatever floats your boat lol

On the topic of AOA I got to admit to opening the floodgates a little as I ended up importing the last 3 Monogatari releases since MVM aren't likely to get them soon. Yes I still consider it a bad deal but I decided I shouldn't regret it as it has become one of my favourite shows which I really wanted to see the end off.

The only other thing to tempt me are the Fate releases since they come so early. Speaking of which Heavens Feel 2 looks like a May release now :(

Not sure what is up with my Pre-order I made during the Holiday Sale for the Berserk and Samurai Champloo steelbooks on AOL, the order itself has an orange "Processing in Progress" box but when you open the order there are two red "Cancelled" boxes showing underneath. Has my order actually been cancelled or is this something normal with their site caused by the steelbooks having no release dates now? I certainly don't want to lose the £24.99 Holiday sale price for each of the two steelbook sets... I did send a message to AOL to see what is up.

Not sure what is up with my Pre-order I made during the Holiday Sale for the Berserk and Samurai Champloo steelbooks on AOL, the order itself has an orange "Processing in Progress" box but when you open the order there are two red "Cancelled" boxes showing underneath. Has my order actually been cancelled or is this something normal with their site caused by the steelbooks having no release dates now? I certainly don't want to lose the £24.99 Holiday sale price for each of the two steelbook sets... I did send a message to AOL to see what is up.
It's a quirk of the system. All my orders, even the ones that have shipped state they've been cancelled twice in the order details.

It was like that all of my orders made prior to the website update. Even on my pre-orders of Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai CE and Toradora CE. I believe everyone has this on their orders made prior to the website update, and if the current status is "Processing in Progress", the order hasn't been cancelled, and will get sent out once they have the stock (whenever that may be).

Back