What did you BUY today?

Was chatting online late last night with a friend in Taiwan who had just purchased the Vinyl LP of Pink Floyd's Momentary Lapse of Reason, and I realized I have almost no Pink Floyd albums on CD, just DSOTM and WYWH on SACD. So I went on eBay and made an impulse-buy of the UK "Oh By The Way" CD box set with all 14 PF studio albums in it, plus the 2014 CD+Blu-ray set of "The Endless River," which is also a pretty awesome, instrumental-only release, both still New/Sealed for only $61 US total. I see just one new copy of the OBTW box set on Amazon UK listing for £316, so I guess $44 was a fairly good price on my set... 👍

ZWNlMzc3YTdkM2Y0MDgyZGNjMzU5ZTMwOTE4YjBkYWakQ1PCGM90o0CrYTWJvj2gaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNDhjZGNmZjI0OWY5OWY3MjE2ODg2ZTcxYWI2YWM4ZTAwNGY4NmNjNDNhYzQ5NDAzMmYxNDkwM2Q2YzQ5NTNjNS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NDY0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

soncd2009.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to attend MCM this Sunday and got myself a general entry ticket. I’ll be attending on my own and hope to go to a panel or two.

Well that was some quest! I went to buy The Outer Worlds at my local Sainsbury's which is a smaller one than the one I work at, but closer (I also didn't want to go to my store as I'm working later). It wasn't on the shelf! Of course there's about a hundred copies of Call of Microtransaction!
So I go to the instore Argos and they have a copy, great! I go to pick it up, use my Staff Discount card and then it comes to the Nectar card part, I had £30 to spend. Now Sainsbury's have released an app so you don't need a card anymore, but they haven't updated the Argos tills! So I say "well you can type in the number, surely?" "nope we need to swipe it" FFS! So then she suggests picking up a Gift Card in Sainsbury's and using my Nectar points there. So, OK, pick one up for £25 (it was that or £50) and went to the Self Checkout till, message "you can't buy these here", ugh, so go to a normal till and queue behind the slowest little old lady, pay for the card and go back to the Argos. Card doesn't work, ARGH, "oh, it takes a little while to activate" AARGH, 40 minutes later and after talking to various people and the quite frankly useless online help chat dude it's still not working. "F*** it I'll try the Argos at my store. I need to fill up my car anyway, so I won't have to do it after I finish work, and by the time I get there it'll surely be activated".
Drive to my store and fuel the car and check my shift and then get to the Argos: "order now and collect in 5 days!!" AAAAARGH!
Right! back to the other store and "order now and collect..." FFFS! On the off chance I go to the counter and they still have it! They hadn't returned it back to the system and it was the only copy left, hence the OOS message. So we try again and the Gift Card works and now I'm waiting for the f***in' day one patch to download, meaning I probably won't be able to even play it before going to work!
TL;DR I brought this:
DSC_2443.JPG

Today was anime and yen press light novels day at MCM Expo - bought 9 of the former and 25 of the latter.
Tomorrow will be manga and other light novels day... and possibly figures and more yen press light novels depending on money, space and how the 5 for 4 thing works out at Travelling Man.

Pre-ordered Megumi Kato First Meeting Outfit Ver. 1/7 Complete Figure from amiami and a lewd dakimakura of Cinnamon (one of the catgirls from nekopara) from Denpasoft.

Tomorrow will be manga and other light novels day... and possibly figures and more yen press light novels depending on money, space and how the 5 for 4 thing works out at Travelling Man.

Ended up being 12 in the "other light novels" category, 6 in the "manga" one, 1 more yen press light novel (this one courtesy of Sheffield Space Centre) and an artbook.

Should keep me going a little while.

I got the second 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM stick I needed that isn't ECC, also after all the issues I've had with connection drops on plusnet with no resolution in sight (plusnet requests an openreach engineer look at the line, the engineer finds nothing wrong with the process going on ad infinium) I decided to up and move to another ISP since my contract was up (and I'd recently received a price increase email that stated I could leave my contract without penalty) and I just spent £49.98 to move to zen broadband (£19.99 of that was for activation) with my new bill for their unlimited fibre 1 product (since I can only get slightly over 40Mb/s there isn't any point going for the faster option) being £29.99 per month with no price rises for the duration of my time as a customer (although they do reserve the right to reduce the price I'm paying at any time).

Playing catch up on a couple more PlayStation 4 games for the PS4 collection.

On Amazon, they reduced the price once again for the 2019 visual novel Our World Is Ended, currently going for £14.99. Now GAME in-stores had the game new without the Day One Edition packaging so I am a bit concerned that I would end up with the second print version but the price is good enough.

Meanwhile, I had been meaning to grab Punch Line for ages but for some reason, I never bothered because the limited edition variant is quite hard to find now. Thankfully thanks to Oldmario we found a copy of the limited edition (which is now known as Day One Edition) so I am happy to get the game sooner than later. The price was £19.99 on eBay. For those who didn't know, Punch Line is written by the creator of the Zero Escape series.

Interestingly enough (at least for me) is that both of these will mark the 98th & 99th games for the PS4 collection, so the question I have is what should be the 100th. Heh. For comparison, Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition was my 100th PS3 game.

Back