UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm more than delighted to see that Anime Limited has Cardcaptor Sakura! But I just hope that they don't use NIS America's assets (or at least, their localised subtitle translation).

I’m also happy about these announcements, curious to see how they’ll handle Inuyasha and whether they’ll be the same as the Viz releases packaging-wise (standard case and slip).

Im pretty sure InuYasha is way more popular than Ranma 1/2 unless the latter has a big UK following I'm unaware of.
It’s interesting, I would have presumed Ranma was way more popular than InuYasha, but perhaps age and the social circles people keep play a part in that. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard anyone discuss InuYasha on here, I’ve certainly never seen it. I’d have preferred Urusei Yatsura over either of them myself, but then I’m probably in a minority. :p

Also congrats to AL on the Channel 4 deal, that seems like quite a coup.

It’s interesting, I would have presumed Ranma was way more popular than InuYasha, but perhaps age and the social circles people keep play a part in that. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard anyone discuss InuYasha on here, I’ve certainly never seen it. I’d have preferred Urusei Yatsura over either of them myself, but then I’m probably in a minority. :p

Also congrats to AL on the Channel 4 deal, that seems like quite a coup.

Im partly just going by MAL numbers and Ranma has been completed by 80k to InuYashas 250k, plus I just hear it talked about more often. Obviously Ranma is quite a bit older so that probably puts of a lot of younger MAL users so not exactly accurate.

B UE is it that popular? Also there will be a S2 isnt there... WHY

B UE - I would have never guessed tbh, can't say im too excited but we'll see.

Ooh, I'm all in for a B UE from AL - sign me up! Still tempted to pick up the JP release as well; I wasn't crazy over the box art for that one or I would have bought it already.

Only other title of those I want is Weathering with You, whenever that gets a Blu-ray release. Not into Inuyasha or CCS.

Last edited:
hoping if AL is starting to pick up Viz titles they can pick up the Jojo series next, Manga printed the first part in a small number and it fell oop before i had a chance to even get it and it doesn't seem like they're gonna bother with printing anymore copies or picking anymore of the series up

I also hope Inuyasha and CCS (especially Ccs With how bad the dub is) get sub streaming options. At least we can assume P5A is getting a dub which will please a lot of people.

Back