UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Ouch. Can understand if there are complications with Garden of Sinners but that's pushed it outside my price range.
I'll keep an eye out once things have settled down if the prices decreases.

I would hope/assume they would still honour pre order prices, especially as you are charged in advance if you use PayPal I believe?
Yup, just checked. I used PayPal for it, probably get more news on it when their sure it's gonna be the date they've set now, probably take a week or two to be sure it doesn't change

Understandable, but on the bright side it's still cheaper than the US [$319.98 SRP / ~£257.02] and Japanese [¥37,800 SRP / ~£281.24] releases.

I Imported both the Japanese Standard Edition and Limited Edition Box sets from Amazon JP back in 2014 and 2016, and I was just checking my anime spreadsheet and was totally shocked; I didn't realized I paid US $266 for the SE set, and $263 for the big LE Box set - so I actually paid three dollars less for the big LE BD-Box set with art book than I did for the SE box!

I was considering quadruple-dipping for the MVM set, since GoS is a huge anime favorite of mine, but since it looks very similar to the AoJ/AoA release, I suppose I'll pass, as it would be a bit of overkill, lol. In addition to the JP SE and LE BD-Box sets, I also have the seven JP DVD LE Singles with the soundtrack CD in each (although the DVDs are not English friendly), and the JP and AoA Recalled Out Summer sets.

JP LE BD-Box book and Digipak
JP LE BD-Box book and Digipak (Open)
JP SE BD Box, 7 DVD LE sets, JP Recalled Out Summer

Last edited:
I Imported both the Japanese Standard Edition and Limited Edition Box sets from Amazon JP, and I was just checking my anime spreadsheet - I paid US $266.30 for the SE set, and $263.06 for the big LE Box set - so I actually paid three dollars less for the LE than the SE!
I paid roughly ¥28,000 (£208 but was refunded £35 because it dodged customs) back in 2015 for the standard edition BD-BOX.

Just curious: Is there a list which MVM Blu-rays have gone out of print and that aren't listed on Anime on Line anymore?
(excluding those replaced by a "complete series" or "standard edition" release)

Just curious: Is there a list which MVM Blu-rays have gone out of print and that aren't listed on Anime on Line anymore?
(excluding those replaced by a "complete series" or "standard edition" release)
Unfortunately not sorry.

As was mine. But MVM said only there own were not any other stores it was a gamble tbh and didn’t pay off. But I assume garden of sinners will be below £100 eventually so I’ll wait

Back