UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Ooooh no way was it your first too! - think you'll always stick with Edinburgh or may you peruse Glasgow too?

Yeah for as long as I'll love anime I couldnt be without SLA now, even if it was only saw the Saturday I could attend, I'd still do it.

Why with this years, and my lot was still silent over it, and FB was showing me a year ago we already had SLA booked and sorted, I took it into my own hands to find accom and I'm glad I did as the main organiser isn't going so I think others will fall off coming too.

My one issue is basically there and back just for this year, as my Partner is meant to be joining me the Thurs for a tourist day so I'd get a free drive up, and he's possible returning the Sunday so I'd get a lift back. But if that falls through it's a last min train from Manchester then maybe even a flight if trains go nasty lol.

Has Anime Limited fell out with Odeon? Most cinema releases for that kind of thing used to go to Odeon but now they seem to be going to Showcase. Any ideas?
Lots of chains didn’t support them since a lot of the late 2017 releases didn’t do well, I don’t know how Maquia did so maybe that got them back on board.

Quite a few of us from the AUKN Discord server will be going, including myself, @Demelza, @Teapot, @Joshawott and @Arbalest, so if you wanted to join in there to get to know some of us a little better, that might be an option!
I'm beginning to loathe Discord just a little bit by how much web discussion it seems to be taking away (not just from AUKN, I hasten to add). It's like when people on Usenet started migrating to Livejournal and Myspace all over again...

I doubt there's too many people on here remember usenet
I doubt there's many people on here remember Livejournal and Myspace :p

I wish I could do instant messaging, but I just don't. A combination of preferring to think a lot before I type and often needing to edit messages to correct and clarify things (and occasionally just to leave them sat in drafts for a while until I'm in a better state of mind and decide not to post them). I'm a much less reasonable or interesting person in real-time.

Seems to be a lot of the films didn't do too well in 2017. One of the films I went to did only have 5 people in the theater, so I can see that probably didn't make enough money for them.
They only had a few films out last year either franchise films or ones from big names Mari Okada and Hosoda!
I would love to see Pancreas or Penguin Highway. Thing is nothing's been mentioned about a physical release either IIRC.
I'd also like to see the 2 Sound! Euphonium films, but I guess that's down to other factors.

Ooooh no way was it your first too! - think you'll always stick with Edinburgh or may you peruse Glasgow too?

Stick with Edinburgh I think as really like the city and that seems to be the one to go to in order to ensure you're seeing everything, plus it seems to be the one most of my friends gravitate toward.

Seems to be a lot of the films didn't do too well in 2017. One of the films I went to did only have 5 people in the theater, so I can see that probably didn't make enough money for them.
They only had a few films out last year either franchise films or ones from big names Mari Okada and Hosoda!
I would love to see Pancreas or Penguin Highway. Thing is nothing's been mentioned about a physical release either IIRC.
I'd also like to see the 2 Sound! Euphonium films, but I guess that's down to other factors.

I think the problem with Penguin Highway is that by the time we got to the start of the year the Japanese BD was out (or almost out, I forget which) and that was a big hit on people going to see it. I can certainly see the argument for not wanting to put all the time, effort and money into putting anime in cinemas when people are likely to import or just pirate it as soon as a Japanese release is out anyway...

the US did have a dub so it’s not like we could have the same as JP release. I feel they use JP BD as an excuse as Penguin Highway ended up more mixed reviews than I expected. Yet I’ve still not seen it.
Pancreas is vastly overrated... will still buy the AUS BD though

The problem with Penguin Highway is that it cut out the kids market with all the boob jokes, which is what it left it being mixed opinions. It and Pancreas were still my two favourite films last year and I adore the Penguin Highway novel (which didn't overstay its welcome at the end where the film sort of did)

I never used Livejournal but I remember it. I was a MySpace freak. Was a html queen who'd make profiles for my friends lol.

I miss anime in the cinema. I hope AL manage more. MHA was available in Odeon as was Mirai up/down here at least. Shame Manga only have the 14th for that Okko's film and in Showcase of all places. I saw In This Corner Of The World at a venue I love called Home. That was odd it getting a showing there but saying that The Night Is Short Walk On Girl got a viewing there too. Wish I could remember where I saw Lu Over the Wall. 2017 and some of 2018 was killer for anime in cinema, NGL <3

Well since its netflix... never.

Call me when we get LWA on BD.

LWA is not an anime I am interested in.

Still it doesn't matter if we tak LWA or NGE in this case.

I loathe Netflix for getting shows that should have been picked up by proper anime companies so they could get a proper release.

I don't have Netflix, they are on my boycott list, not so much for how they handle BD releases, or in their case how they don't handle them at all. It's a more personal reason why Netflix is on my boycott list.

and no explanation about the delay of Twin star, I beginning to spot a theme with AL, delay, delay but never tell people why, even Manga bother to tell people even if it is just an excuse.

Back