What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

D-y9FDJWwAAH-cd

I bought some more Japanese films from the Arrow Video Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale. I thought about using Arrow's own website but these films at HMV were Ā£14.99 each so the overall cost would have been Ā£29.98 in the end.

Orgies of Edo (ꮋ酷ē•°åøøč™å¾…ē‰©čŖž 元ē¦„儳ē³»å›³) from director Teruo Ishii. Released in 1969.
Retaliation (ēø„å¼µćÆć‚‚ć‚‰ć£ćŸ) from director Yasuharu Hasebe. Released in 1968.
Wolf Guy (ć‚¦ćƒ«ćƒ•ć‚¬ć‚¤) from director Kazuhiko Yamaguchi. Released in 1975.
Yakuza's Law (ć‚„ćć–åˆ‘ē½°å² ē§åˆ‘) from director Teruo Ishii. Released in 1969.

Spines and Reversible Covers:
D-y9F0_XsAAKYwA

3cPdvyI.jpg

9RW3mLO.jpg

I also picked up Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut in CeX for Ā£15. Quite a rare game in recent years, still around but usually Ā£40-50 these days.

They are owned by FUNi now and funi chmages the colour all the time. Still think the pink CCS one is kinda sexist.

I think the pink strap was mainly due to the fact that the original target audience in Japan are young girls, although that doesn't mean anyone outside the target audience can't watch it (the BBFC and Australia's ACB both rated it a PG despite the target audience), plus I thought the pink strap seemed appropriate for the setting of the show itself. And if I'm correct, the 2 movies of the original series were released with pink amaray BD cases in Japan (then again, I've based that from the stock images from CD Japan).

I honestly question the point of the blu-ray bar. People can just check the back to see if its a BD since it'll have the BD logo on the info section.
Not to mention the fact that Blu-rays are normally filed in the Blu-ray section with all the other Blu-rays in their shorter height, blue cases. If you manage to accidentally purchase a Blu-ray under those circumstances youā€™re probably genuinely senile. Almost everyone but Funi and Manga abandoned the blue bar ages ago. I donā€™t know why they persist with it spoiling their cover art.

Not to mention the fact that Blu-rays are normally filed in the Blu-ray section with all the other Blu-rays in their shorter height, blue cases. If you manage to accidentally purchase a Blu-ray under those circumstances youā€™re probably genuinely senile. Almost everyone but Funi and Manga abandoned the blue bar ages ago. I donā€™t know why they persist with it spoiling their cover art.
They do because those senile ones apparently are pretty common for people going to shops. At least that's what I've of the German publishers said. (I thick or was Universum on Terror in Resonance?)

That being said, I also manages to order a German Shirobako DVD+Box instead of BD from Amazon once. Late night and me stupidly just looking at image, failing to notice its aspect ratio and looking at product category.

I also don't like the bars at all, due to less space for artwork. (And especially pointless, when there is just one edition of the thing anyway.) But... They apparently indeed give some guidance to the senile.
Japanese releases just help themselves with their obis, but that's not a thing here unfortunately. (There were some from Funi and viz that did something close with discardable cartbox pieces on their boxes.)

Guernsey is part of the UK, but not the EU being one of the Channel Isles. Tax arrangements with Revenue are on a company by company basis.

I know I should've responded to this a lot sooner. According to the archived webpage from the Royal Family website, the Channel Islands (which are Crown dependencies) are not part of the United Kingdom, but the UK is responsible for the defence and international relations of the islands. The Crown dependencies are also not members of the Commonwealth of Nations, in addition to not being members of the EU. If anything, whenever the UK has a General Election, the Channel Islands local news makes no mention of it, as it doesn't affect them (I briefly checked ITV News Channel TV regarding this (amongst other regions), despite living in the Anglia region).

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic, but my next post on this topic will be on-topic.

Back