What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I think it's because it said Guernsey on the package. Is Guernsey part of the EU? - Google said no, as well as the postal service.
Guernsey is part of the UK, but not the EU being one of the Channel Isles. Tax arrangements with Revenue are on a company by company basis.

Zavvi ship from there too, but have a tax agreement with Revenue. This is also kind of crap for non UK customers as Zavvi do not remove the UK vat from purchases, yet declare the amount of vat paid as zero pocketing the extra 20% for themselves.

Felt worse as it was just a bit over the customs bar, but had to pay £22 in customs because of their "work" fee that goes into checking it :(
I once had a customs charge of something silly like £1 and royal mail decided to add an £8 handling fee on top. The dvd only cost something like £16 to begin with. Was not impressed.

I once had a customs charge of something silly like £1 and royal mail decided to add an £8 handling fee on top. The dvd only cost something like £16 to begin with. Was not impressed.
That's ridiculous. Here in Ireland the LCG value is €23 before vat is applied but under law no less than €6 can be claimed by customs meaning that you can have up to a value of €26.10, or €44.45 on the lower vat bracket(doesn't really apply to consumer goods), before they are allowed to charge you.

That's ridiculous. Here in Ireland the LCG value is €23 before vat is applied but under law no less than €6 can be claimed by customs meaning that you can have up to a value of €26.10, or €44.45 on the lower vat bracket(doesn't really apply to consumer goods), before they are allowed to charge you.
That makes more sense. I dunno if things have changed. It was a quite a number of years ago now. The customs charge itself didn't massively bother me. It was kinda annoying but whatever. The addition 50% cost added by royal mail for no discernable reason really wound me up though! Made me really question when buying stuff from Ebay and the like if I was willing the extra cost if it got picked up.

Guernsey is part of the UK, but not the EU being one of the Channel Isles. Tax arrangements with Revenue are on a company by company basis.

Zavvi ship from there too, but have a tax agreement with Revenue. This is also kind of crap for non UK customers as Zavvi do not remove the UK vat from purchases, yet declare the amount of vat paid as zero pocketing the extra 20% for themselves.

Good to know. I was about to order from them for the first time in a long while (their shipping to Finland is ridicilous these days) but i guess i won't be doing so if it's still a gamble. I never had bad luck with them but you never know.

Good to know. I was about to order from them for the first time in a long while (their shipping to Finland is ridicilous these days) but i guess i won't be doing so if it's still a gamble. I never had bad luck with them but you never know.
Their shipping to Ireland is expensive too, €4.50 per item. MVM charge £2 and the items are in far superior mailers.

Picked up Mario Maker from Currys for £29.99 on my way home from work. My £39 copy from base arrived today too...
SSX3nFi.jpg

Taiko
gmmuSSM.jpg

Kabi
L1haNrQ.jpg

Germany's Bunny Drop Volume 1 + Box

.... another case of Luna getting something just because it was there.
I remember the show as one that was very well put together, but didn't really a lot of cords with me. Reading the Manga didn't really made it any better either. (Expect the most interesting sideplot happend in the second manga half, which otherwise was... what it was.)

But who would I be to pass on the offer of trading this against a bunch of (trash) Shoujo manga volumes. So yay~ I guess~?
(Now I just have to manage to trade the other volumes in as well. But probably not going to happen...)

Back