UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I am capable of rational discussion, but please understand that these past 18 hours had been very stressful due to various issues going on with my trip returning home from Japan. I am also still not yet back in the US because of delays and security check issues. I will explain my trip to Japan in full detail at a later point.
Personally, I'm not terribly interested in the whys and wherefores of any of it, really. I'd just like to see you learn from it.

I'll leave it there.

Personally, I'm not terribly interested in the whys and wherefores of any of it, really. I'd just like to see you learn from it.

if you want him to learn from it tell him what to learn then he can.

i see that you want to fix picture quality anime limited so why not get a person everyone can agree is good. i mean, then nobody will complain that its bad. majority rules and we all win.

i hope that we can get evangelion on blue ray in the next few months. japan is getting new box set, so why not uk. id gladly import it (i live in denmark) if it has the original english dub and not the new one. i watched the old one as kid and am nostalgic for it. the japanese audio can be include if you want. i just hope aniplex does not get it. theyre to expensive.

i hope that we can get evangelion on blue ray in the next few months. japan is getting new box set, so why not uk. id gladly import it (i live in denmark) if it has the original english dub and not the new one. i watched the old one as kid and am nostalgic for it. the japanese audio can be include if you want. i just hope aniplex does not get it. theyre to expensive.

I doubt it would be Aniplex, as King Records was the distributor in Japan. Plus, it's hard to say whether or not Funimation or Sentai would release it in the US, the former due to the debacle regarding Evangelion 3.33, and the latter due to the debacle regarding ADV. But who knows.

I doubt it would be Aniplex, as King Records was the distributor in Japan. Plus, it's hard to say whether or not Funimation or Sentai would release it in the US, the former due to the debacle regarding Evangelion 3.33, and the latter due to the debacle regarding ADV. But who knows.
Or will anyone just want HV rights?
I could see AL getting them here if they could and if they could have the original dub same for Madman in AUS. US it looks like Viz or no one.

I think all of you should stop theorizing about Evangelion.

It was made clear that:
a) The physical rights were blocked until the last movie's release.
b) If khara had a real grudge against FUNimation they wouldn't renew their licensing deal.
c) Netflix, trying to be on the hype, paid an extravagant amount to get the streaming rights for NGE.
d) Wishing X or Y to get the rights rather than Z just imply that behind there'll be a bidding war and you'll be paying whichever was dumb enough to offer too much and not the actual boxset content

I mean sure everyone wants a nice NGE set, me too I'm willing to dip in just a little more for such show but the "will buy even if $300 from X"... how? nani? why?
I'm pretty sure X or Y wouldn't do a better job than Z.
Also this is AL thread. Not Eva-which distributors gets the rights-geeks.

Time has shown that when cards gets redistributed, it doesn't go well in anime.

That’s why I’m going Japan SE in a month I want to own and nice not that expensive set exists. And people loving their ADV sets are really annoying me this week it’s a really rare set here and I’d rather the show be available than that quite frankly imo awful dub. (Yes I despise the ADV dub 5 mins in I wanted to gouge my ears it is the ”90s” of all 90s dub so no wonder Khara demanded changes)

Since the local Evangelion release is hard to find people think it's worth hundreads even for a newer release. Nobody would have said this for a similarly popular anime like Cowboy Bebop since it has been readily available for years. Yet the licensing cost wouldn't be that much different (Cowboy Bebop is a bigger seller in most countries in fact except Japan).

Distributors hopes to use this simulated rarity as another marketing strategy to justify the injurious price they'll set their boxset at. I don't know for any of you but I don't like being taken as a milking cash-cow. And some distributors here think their audience is like that unfortunately.

Anyway, this is as stated out of the subject, I'm off.

Last edited:
Seeing as we're back on topic, I'm curious to see what Anime Limited will do regarding their upcoming release of Mirai. Use Shout's discs or create their own. If I'm correct, the French release doesn't have English support, or am I mistaken?

I have lost the plot with Evangelion tbh, I watched it yonks ago on SciFi and just remember not caring for it's convoluted plot. Since then many more Evangellion titles have come and gone under various subtitles and I don't even know if they are remakes, rereleases, sequals or whatever.

I have lost the plot with Evangelion tbh, I watched it yonks ago on SciFi and just remember not caring for it's convoluted plot. Since then many more Evangellion titles have come and gone under various subtitles and I don't even know if they are remakes, rereleases, sequals or whatever.

I mean, it's only been one film series besides the original run :p

Back