What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I do like that Maquia CE box... So which movie do you all think is better - Maquia or Mirai? I've only seen Maquia, and thought it was pretty good. I'm probably going to pick up both CE during the sale this weekend anyway, along with both Silver Spoon CE.

Japanese Madoka Movie recap release and AoA's LE release. (Also have the Rightstuf import version of the Rebellion movie, but that's stuck in who knows which of my many storage boxes atm.)

If one where to ask why I got those, the answer would probably be a simple "uh... because they were there".
I got the Madoka Recap movies from an ebay bundle the other day, kind of thinking that might be nice to complement my Rebellion import and then I saw a listing for the AoA's and the rest was history. Will have to say though the AoA's are a bit of a letdown, not being chipbox, but just simple cardbox outside.
I already have the UK releases of the Madoka stuff, too. So this was actually really a bit redundant... Especially as I don't actually like the Original character design LE covers, which is why I didn't get them at release time from AoA. Also never planned to get the movie recap at all, because the jp Rebellion release has a 2h recap of the recap movies (hilarious thing, a recap of a recap) which pretty much contains all the new scenes already. So I had never planned to get those movies in the first place... Until the UK versions somehow wormed their way in for their cover artwork.

Japanese Madoka Movie recap release and AoA's LE release. (Also have the Rightstuf import version of the Rebellion movie, but that's stuck in who knows which of my many storage boxes atm.)

I have the exact same Madoka collection as you, Luna - The JP import of movies 1&2, the Rightstuf import of Rebellion, and the AoA LE sets of the series. Even though the AoA box sets are just thin cardboard, they do have a nice matte finish with a unique rubbery feel to the boxes, and I really like that special touch.

I have the exact same Madoka collection as you, Luna - The JP import of movies 1&2, the Rightstuf import of Rebellion, and the AoA LE sets of the series. Even though the AoA box sets are just thin cardboard, they do have a nice matte finish with a unique rubbery feel to the boxes, and I really like that special touch.
I'm not the biggest fan of the movie's JP design, as I don't really like holes all that much in the chipbox. But for Rebellion at least I get the pop up idea (even though it makes it look so much more frail.) Still like the anime illustrations of those RS clearfiles more. (Also don't like the original character design illustration on the third clearfiles all that much, UK used it for it's slipcover...) But then that recap of the recap with the new footage was always the reason I kept it. (Which got outdated the moment I got the UK movies...)
Those AoA boxes though really look frail. They don't look like you should ever stack them over each other in some pile and moreover that cardbox seems to not repel dust all that much. At least there was this pencil-dust-like strain across all volumes at the ground side and some even on all edges. (Still visible at p1 in the image). I had to use some alcohol to clean that all out. The seller clearly didn't store the things in a dust free space. =/
(Also didn't remove the glue bullets on the backside. Not sure if I should dare to touch on that now actually, given my track record of damaging boxes and slipcovers with German rating logos....)

Back