What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

When I went to see Heaven 17 live last year they performed Being Boiled and Crow and a Baby. Inspired me to listen to the early material.
Travelogue and Reproduction are proper Human League, not like the 'don't you want me baby namby pamby poppy poop' that came later 😂😅

Rammstine new album is not that good only a few songs are good the rest feels like they were phoned in and it took them around a decade to put it out.

Last edited:
Rammstine album new is not that good only a few songs are good the rest feels like they were phoned in and it took them around a decade to put it out.

That's a shame. I kinda got a bad feeling after hearing Radio which sounds like half a song stretched out, but then Deutschland was a good song so remained hopeful.

I'm listening to Fever 333 today in preparation of their gig tonight at the Electric Ballroom. Cant wait!

That's a shame. I kinda got a bad feeling after hearing Radio which sounds like half a song stretched out, but then Deutschland was a good song so remained hopeful.

I'm listening to Fever 333 today in preparation of their gig tonight at the Electric Ballroom. Cant wait!
hopefully slipknot new album shoud be good and rob zombie and carcass have new albums coming out.

hopefully slipknot new album shoud be good and rob zombie and carcass have new albums coming out.

Yeah I cant wait for slipknot! All out life was an amazing song. Peak slipknot at their relentless best.

Also killswitch engage should have a new album out this year. I've really liked their last 2 albums since Jesse rejoined.

Yeah I cant wait for slipknot! All out life was an amazing song. Peak slipknot at their relentless best.

Also killswitch engage should have a new album out this year. I've really liked their last 2 albums since Jesse rejoined.
Killswitch Engage is a rare case for me in a sense that I really enjoy both versions of the band (the current and previous vocalists). In fact I believe one of their upcoming songs is a collaboration between the two.

Killswitch Engage is a rare case for me in a sense that I really enjoy both versions of the band (the current and previous vocalists). In fact I believe one of their upcoming songs is a collaboration between the two.

End of Heartache was a cracking album! I felt that over the years they got a bit boring and when Jesse came back they got an adrenaline shot and i got way more into them.

End of Heartache was a cracking album! I felt that over the years they got a bit boring and when Jesse came back they got an adrenaline shot and i got way more into them.
My Curse (the Music Video version, also the same version used in Guitar Hero & Rock Band) is still my favourite song from them.

My Curse (the Music Video version, also the same version used in Guitar Hero & Rock Band) is still my favourite song from them.

It is a big tune! The great deceit on the last album is probably my fave of their songs. It just goes hard from the 1st second!

Went to go see Bon Jovi at the fortress that is Anfield, Liverpool last week. First time I’ve visited the stadium since the updated main stand has been built and I was sitting right at the very top (Row 93), once I recovered from the mountain of escalators and steps I sat down to watch Manic Street Preachers get the show started, even though it’s the third time I’ve seen them now after seeing them last year and in 2016 in Manchester & Liverpool, I very much enjoyed seeing my favourites once again. The Jovi then came on and there certainly was something off sound wise which I most likely will put down to the venue itself being pretty bass/echo heavy which may work well for the Champions of Europe on a match day and for songs at concerts that have heavy audience singing but when it’s up to our Jon to do the heavy lifting it just doesn’t carry as effectively at least for a while, coupled with the fact that Mr. Jon is not quite as able to hit the notes he would have been able to hit 20-35 years ago, but this improves as the evening progresses and the lights start to come out, it was a certainly a spectacle and I very much had a good time and enjoyed myself. Also got to see one of my work colleagues again for only the second time after she moved to another one of our services earlier this year, got a hug, a picture and a quick chat about the journey up to our seats, she was just six rows down from me, she was fresh off of seeing Metallica at the Etihad the day before which I would have liked to have seen. One of my work colleagues who I do currently work with was also there too, she was in the next block along but I didn’t see her. So good night, good music. Need to plan who I’m going to see next now! #ThisScouseIsNotForSale

New Killswitch Engage song is up on various streaming sites. Its good but I was hoping for more tempo (I generally am). I think the song will grow on me when I hear it in the context of the album in a couple of months.

Just finished listening to Music for 18 Musicians by Steve Reich. Brilliant:

According to Last.fm I've listened to bits of it before, but not the whole thing. I had to listen after seeing him perform a bit of it in part 2 of a 2 parter on minimalism on the iPlayer:
Tones, Drones and Arpeggios: The Magic of Minimalism, Series 1: 1. California: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09tbh10 via @bbciplayer

Tones, Drones and Arpeggios: The Magic of Minimalism, Series 1: 2. New York: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09twd7y via @bbciplayer

Back