What manga are you reading now?

Sword Art Online (LN) vol 16
Lots of disparate but parallel plots are beginning to come together and approaching a climax. Good stuff.

Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki (Light novel, Complete)

Classroom of the Elite volume 1 (light novel) - I really enjoyed this. For some reason when I bought it I expected it to be some kind of battle series like Asterisk Wars, so I was surprised to find it's not a fantasy series at all (beyond the whole idea that the school is basically one giant city in itself). The characters struck me as an odd mix between Monogatari and Toradora, which made it a fun read. I'm curious to find out how the students are meant to earn points (as that wasn't fleshed out this volume) and I think there is room for a lot of character growth. The humour was very... light novel, shall we say, but that worked in its favour for me. Definitely going to keep reading. :)

One Room of Happiness volume 5

Queen's Quality volume 7 - Looks like we might have some progress in the romance next volume~

A Very Fairy Apartment volume 2

I've Been Standing on a Million Lives volume 1 (reread)

Last edited:
An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride (LN) vol 6
Hmmmmn. Really not sure I can be bothered with this anymore. It's just... not really doing anything for me. Predictable? Dull? Convenient? I don't know. It's got a good cast of characters but that's about it.

Snow White with the Red Hair volume 1

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride volume 6 (light novel)

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride (LN) vol 6
Hmmmmn. Really not sure I can be bothered with this anymore. It's just... not really doing anything for me. Predictable? Dull? Convenient? I don't know. It's got a good cast of characters but that's about it.

I certainly hear you on that front. It doesn't help that this volume ended up being a rehash of when Nephy was shrunk down. I'm all for the character development Foll got, but having a similar story so soon really brings it down.

I certainly hear you on that front. It doesn't help that this volume ended up being a rehash of when Nephy was shrunk down. I'm all for the character development Foll got, but having a similar story so soon really brings it down.
Yeah. It's the same problem that Bakarina is running the risk of developing. The other thing that annoys me is how everyone he meets turns out to be some important person (i.e. Kuroka, Selphy) despite there being no initial sign of it. That's a thing that irritates me about a lot of media, although I rationally understand it has to be the case it sticks out particularly strongly with Archdemon at the moment.

Yeah. It's the same problem that Bakarina is running the risk of developing. The other thing that annoys me is how everyone he meets turns out to be some important person (i.e. Kuroka, Selphy) despite there being no initial sign of it. That's a thing that irritates me about a lot of media, although I rationally understand it has to be the case it sticks out particularly strongly with Archdemon at the moment.

I feel like Bakarina is already in that boat, sadly. The last three volumes have all revolved around someone being kidnapped..., so although it seems to be making some progress with the characters it feels worse than Elf Bride for being repetitive. :(

I feel like Bakarina is already in that boat, sadly. The last three volumes have all revolved around someone being kidnapped..., so although it seems to be making some progress with the characters it feels worse than Elf Bride for being repetitive. :(
The advantage Bakarina has is that it's only on it's 4th volume and I enjoyed it more to begin with, so it's not quite as stale to me yet. Although I'll definitely drop it if it uses the same theme next volume... Archdemon will depend on what I think of the synopsis.

Finished Magical Girl Apocalypse last night. It was very good actually. There were constant twists and turns to keep you guessing and the pace was mostly pretty breakneck.

This also fed into the way the genre of the story changed as it went along from horror to mystery to action.

It had an interesting mix of characters and character types. (One character on the hero side is the most despicable of them all which some won't like but his character journey is an interesting one to analyse even if you disagree with it.)

Theres quite a lot of fan service. To begin with its deliberately gross to aid the horror elements of the story. Later it's more traditional and by the end is mostly absent.

I also liked the male protagonist which made a nice change from some of the animes I've watched recently.

Cooking with Wild Game (LN) vol 3
Pretty satisfying volume, and the story seems to be moving just a touch quicker now. Plenty of intertwining plotlines to explore over the next few volumes, so it's looking good for the future.

Ran and the Gray World Vol. 3 Aki Irie . I really love this mangaka's art (and her quirky storytelling) - lovely edition too from VIZ Signature.

Hakumei and Mikochi Vol 5
7 chapters with an eighth longer 2 parter chapter. The 2 parter was adapted in the final episode and one of the others was a short segment in another episode.
All the others were new to me. All of them were charming, I especially liked the one with a festival that seemed like a variation on Halloween (the translators notes said it was based on Shinto festivals which sound very similar, but are normally centred around one specific spirit rather than all spirits in the case of Halloween).

Cooking with Wild Game volume 3 (light novel)

Side by Side Dreamers (light novel, complete)

Noragami volume 20 - I love how one of my favourite characters is involved atm.

Ao Haru Ride volume 5

Maidens Railway (complete)

Back