The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Sorry for the "double" question, but is it possible that FUNimation would do a complete Steins;Gate 0 box? - like the two parts in one amaray. Or have they stopped doing that?

Some examples, Attack on Titan P1/P2 was merged into S1, same thing with the original Steins;Gate.
Depending on how the sales will go, they may offer a complete series release before the eventual Classics (2018)/Essentials set. The original Steins;Gate didn't get a complete series release in normal branding, only went straight to Classics then the Classics 2018 version.

Did Funi even have a normal Baranding complete collection back when S;G was released for AC? (Kind of remember AoT was the first one to get one.)

I started on S;G 0, but quickly put it on hold as the Blu-ray was announced.
Actually, it's not that bad if you leave some good time apart. There is quite a drop of quality between S;G and 0's anime in just about every metric. If you go from 0 to S;G afterwards it'll make the latter all the more impressive.
(I went from S;G to 0 to 23beta. Beta did in 5 Minutes a better job of Okabe characterization than the whole 0 season....)

Hi guys
:)

I will be honest with you, I asked this question in a lot of forums and still didn't get an answer, in fact, if you searched for this question on google chances are the poster is me. And I also asked people that watch One Piece as well and I'm still looking for answers. And I'm not doing this because of any malicious intent, I genuinely don't know the answer.
So I'm hoping to find an answer here.

In the Skypiea arc in the One Piece anime series, Enel, who is the main antagonist of that arc, says he's "god", is that true?

And if so, does he mean he’s A god, like Thor from the Marvel comic book franchise or does he mean he’s THE God, the one one that Muslims and Christians pray to?

And did any of the Straw Hat Pirates believed him?

I
Hi guys
:)

I will be honest with you, I asked this question in a lot of forums and still didn't get an answer, in fact, if you searched for this question on google chances are the poster is me. And I also asked people that watch One Piece as well and I'm still looking for answers. And I'm not doing this because of any malicious intent, I genuinely don't know the answer.
So I'm hoping to find an answer here.

In the Skypiea arc in the One Piece anime series, Enel, who is the main antagonist of that arc, says he's "god", is that true?

And if so, does he mean he’s A god, like Thor from the Marvel comic book franchise or does he mean he’s THE God, the one one that Muslims and Christians pray to?

And did any of the Straw Hat Pirates believed him?

I always assumed it was illusions of grandeur rather than being any kind of god.

This is what Wikipedia says on the subject:
Eneru (エネル) is the "God" of Skypiea. Though "God" is traditionally the title only for the island's ruler, he takes it literally, forcing the population to worship and serve him.

I've recently bought something from amiami and received the invoice for shipping. How long is it before they actually ship the item?
Depending what time it is in japan when you pay it could be the same day or the day after. Usually no longer than a couple of days when I’ve ordered from them.

Hello Everyone!

I'm interested in buying the Nisekoi: False Love Blu-Rays, but what do people think is the likelihood that show will make it on Funimation, since it was released by Manga UK?

Hello Everyone!

I'm interested in buying the Nisekoi: False Love Blu-Rays, but what do people think is the likelihood that show will make it on Funimation, since it was released by Manga UK?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that the only titles going onto Funimation Now in light of the recent acquisition were titles originally sublicenced from Funimation? Nisekoi is Aniplex, so I wouldn't hold my breath, not to mention the fact that Nisekoi over here was technically Kaze, no Manga directly, which just complicates matters more.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the assumption that the only titles going onto Funimation Now in light of the recent acquisition were titles originally sublicenced from Funimation? Nisekoi is Aniplex, so I wouldn't hold my breath, not to mention the fact that Nisekoi over here was technically Kaze, no Manga directly, which just complicates matters more.
No FMAB was from Aoj as FUNi has lost their rights themselves. But yeah Nisekoi is Kaze so I doubt it. Iirc it is on US CR that isn’t hard to get on.

Hello Everyone!

Nisekoi was a KAZE release wasn't it. MangaUK wouldn't hold the UK license in that regards

Anybody can tell me, how the English territory releases of Big Fish & Begonia fare?

I came into the possession of the German disc (just the disc) for a review and the only on-discs extras are trailers of other Universum titles.) Are the English ones just as bare-bone?

There is a German Limited edition
No unboxing videos yet, but it looks like it's a the Standard reused along with random screenshot artcards and a bit of a booklet packed into a box. (And the booklet looks like it's just screenshots with some text?) Additional video extras apparantely are just 17 Minutes of Making of and an "Original Trailer".

The movie seems to have a bulkload of quite nice promotional artwork beyond the usual standard illustration that looks nice, but feels quite off with it looking like it's a CG with a digital overpain (or so?).
I suppose the likelihood of them being part of any English release is probably pretty low...? =/

On that note, has any other Chinese Animation production made it out of China so far? Seems like quite some nice things have been in the making these last few years.

I have the US release of Big Fish and Begonia from Shout!, and it has listed on the back cover as Special Features:

Making-Of Documentary
Short Film that inspired Big Fish and Begonia
Music Videos
Theatrical Trailer

Is the picture quality of ADV UK's "You're Under Arrest - The Motion Picture" at least fine for DVD standards or a release to avoid?
(same for the other UK releases of the franchise)

Is the picture quality of ADV UK's "You're Under Arrest - The Motion Picture" at least fine for DVD standards or a release to avoid?
(same for the other UK releases of the franchise)

Here’s what I thought...

TLDR: Not really worth it.

Back