Spotify OPs & EDs Playlist

D1tchd1gger

Shrine Maiden
I've made a playlist on Spotify of available OPs and EDs:

It's made up of only original and full songs, with a few exceptions where either the full version isn't available and the TV size is, or if the anime version is a cover and isn't available I've added the original version.

I've also made a Google Sheets spreadsheet to track all the songs with 4 sheets ordered in different ways: Shows MAL name, Alternative Name (Many don't have alternatives so will be the same), Year and Artist (according to MAL):
Spotify UK Available OPs & EDs

Song count currently stands at 226 with 15 and half hours of music! Most of it is currently from the last year, with Winter and Spring seasons complete. Because the list started as a personal list there is a lot of random songs from previous years that are favourites plus some random songs I found along the way. For example I have all the available i☆Ris tracks. Since then I've been more systematic going season by season.

I'll try to keep updating regularly, but has probably taken a few months just to get this far, mainly because the spreadsheet was an afterthought and I had to do a lot of searching to find the show from the song instead of noting it as I went along if I had thought of doing it in the first place.

Monogatari
Done these as a batch on their own. I made a temp playlist pretty quickly (once I found the earliest entry in the in-universe timeline, how the hell is a newb supposed to understand where to start watching this!?)

The database stuff took a little while longer as I've added 36 songs at 2hrs 40mins (there is one missing, whiz by TrySail, which is used on the latest film and as ED in Koyomimonogatari).

This takes the total to 288 songs and 1 minute over 20hrs!

Finally finished the Autumn 2017 songs. I found 57 new songs! This is mostly down to ClassicaLoid 2 which had 23 EDs in 24 episodes!

Playlist now stands at 345 songs at 23hrs and 44mins.

I've just finished the Autumn 2018 season. It took a while as found 77 songs which includes a few from earlier in the year. These include Binary Star from The Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Die Neue These, High Score Girl ED and the WotaKoi EDs. The Autumn songs include a couple from Alt-J!

The full playlist now has 422 songs and would take you a minute short of 29 hours to listen to fully!

I love this!

I'm not sure if you're interested in adding older series, but the Hellsing ED is also available on Spotify:

(For the benefit of your spreadsheet, Hellsing was from the Fall 2001 season and this was the only ED for the series)

I'm not sure if you're interested in adding older series
Eventually I hope to get every possible song, but I'm going season by season at the moment so next will be Summer '17 then Winter' 19 and so forth. So I'll get there in the end.
As if Mr. Big did an anime ED, wow.
They didn't DO an ED as such, just as Radiohead didn't DO the Ergo Proxy ED, but according to MAL (which I use in this venture) that song was used as the ED for the original Hellsing! Although both came out '01 so you never know!

They didn't DO an ED as such, just as Radiohead didn't DO the Ergo Proxy ED, but according to MAL (which I use in this venture) that song was used as the ED for the original Hellsing! Although both came out '01 so you never know!

Oh, I know, I just always find it surreal when fairly famous western bands crop up in anime, like Oasis in Eden of the East or Duran Duran in Speed Grapher.

Oasis in Eden of the East
This is one of those shows that I remember watching, but I can't remember how. Maybe it was on Netflix?, but from before I really got into anime seriously.
I can't say I remember Oasis in it though and checking MAL it's Falling Down which I love, but MAL also says that there is a Funimation OP by Saori Hayami, so maybe that's the version I saw.
What version is on the AL release? Haven't even opened it yet and I got it Christmas '17!

This is one of those shows that I remember watching, but I can't remember how. Maybe it was on Netflix?, but from before I really got into anime seriously.
I can't say I remember Oasis in it though and checking MAL it's Falling Down which I love, but MAL also says that there is a Funimation OP by Saori Hayami, so maybe that's the version I saw.
What version is on the AL release? Haven't even opened it yet and I got it Christmas '17!

It was a licencing thing, Funimation (and by extension AL, who used the same discs) only managed to get the rights to use the OP in the first episode for the home release, and then the rest use the secondary 'international' OP instead, which is a shame. I just find it odd they could get it for one episode but not the rest. I thought it'd be an all or nothing type of thing.

Yeah, if you get the rights to a song surely you can use it as many times as you want. Unless that was a weird clause in the contract.

Finally finished Summer 2017 (plus a few from 2018). 2018 tracks include songs from fripSide and BUMP OF CHICKEN who both finally turned up in a big way on Spotify. So that's the Killings Bites and Boarding School Juliet OPs from fripSide and the 1st OP from Karakuri Circus from BUMP OF CHICKEN, I also found the Boarding School Juliet ED. Noteable shows from Summer '17 with songs are Welcome to the Ballroom, Made in Abyss, Gamers and Kakegurui.

53 tracks added making a total of 475 tracks and a total of 32hrs and 45mins in length.

Last edited:
Finally finished Summer 2017 (plus a few from 2018). 2018 tracks include songs from fripSide and BUMP OF CHICKEN who both finally turned up in a big way on Spotify. So that's the Killings Bites and Boarding School Juliet OPs from fripSide and the 1st OP from Karakuri Circus from BUMP OF CHICKEN, I also found the Boarding School Juliet ED. Noteable shows from Summer '17 with songs areWelcome to the Ballroom, Made in Abyss, Gamers and Kakegurui.

53 tracks added making a total of 475 tracks and a total of 32hrs and 45mins in length.
2018 tracks include songs from fripSide and BUMP OF CHICKEN who both finally turned up in a big way on Spotify.
BUMP OF CHICKEN
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

(Grav.exe broke, here's gif instead)

lOWi9eU.gif

Tried doing things a little different for the Winter 19 update. So I've made a temp playlist like usual, but instead of doing the temp spreadsheet at the same time I made a note of which shows OP/EDs were available and will make the spreadsheet from those notes on my laptop to save my phone a little bit.
So the temp playlist sits at 8hrs 32mins! Don't ask me about the number of tracks because the last update for the Spotify app "improved" it by removing the track count!

I've started working on the spreadsheet (and added even more tracks). Turns out the Spotify website does show track count, it sits at 131! and is now 8hrs 44mins.
A fair few are from other seasons including one show with 8 tracks!

Finished adding the Winter 2019 songs plus 50 odd others from seasons I've already covered that were either added later or are new OP/EDs from long running shows. Notable shows from these include both OP and EDs from Land of the Lustrous, Kemono Friends, Zombie Land Saga and Takagi-san (including all 7 covers by Rie Takahashi that were used as EDs. I'm not sure whether to keep the original versions of these that I found when doing the initial search or not?)

Amongst the Winter 2019 songs there are all OPs and EDs for The Quintessential Quintuplets, Domestic Girlfriend, Dororo, The Rising of the Sheild Hero and The Promised Neverland. Also thanks to JoJo another Western artist, Enigma, joins the playlist.

In total I've added 146 songs at 9hr and 49mins! Making the new total for my playlist 620 songs at 42hrs and 33mins!

I found a good tool to help me speed things up a little in the form of a Playlist Converter that as the name suggest converts playlists, in my case to a text file, which extremely handy when the either the track or the artist is in Japanese on Spotify, but not on MAL. I got round this before by using Google Translate on a screenshot and then copying the Japanese into the spreadsheet.

Back