The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

There you go Nintendo Switch owners you finally get a Persona 5 game.

Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers is a Musou game from Omega Force coming to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:
PQube has announced plans to localize Root Letter: Last Answer, a visual novel from Kadokawa Games.

This is an updated/revamp to the original Root Letter released a few years ago, with different gameplay improvements, new epilogue and an option to play through the entire story with live-action characters instead (like 428).

The visual novel will be coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC.

Idea Factory has announced plans to localize Azur Lane: Crosswave, an advance naval battle RPG from Compile Heart and Felistella.

D5lg3pJW0AQpmv3

This is based on the recently popular side-scrolling shoot 'em up RPG Azur Lane from China. Like Kantai Collection, the game features a cast of characters based on warships personified as anime girls. Azur Lane: Crosswave will feature select characters presented in 3D models with a different storyline from the original smartphone game. Those who pre-ordered the Japanese release will also have Neptune (from Hyperdimension Neptunia) as a playable character.

The game will be coming to PlayStation 4 in physical and digital formats in 2020.

Characters announced as playable so far are as follows:
  • Ajax (voiced by Tomoyo Chuujou)
  • Akagi (voiced by Mai Nakahara)
  • Ayanami (voiced by You Taichi)
  • Belfast (voiced by Yui Horie)
  • Cleveland (voiced by Saya Horigome)
  • Illustrious (voiced by Sora Amamiya)
  • Javelin (voiced by Nozomi Yamane)
  • Kaga (voiced by Ai Kayano)
  • Laffey (voiced by Maria Naganawa)
  • Neptune (voiced by Rie Tanaka)
  • Ping Hai (voiced by Misaki Kuno)
  • Portland (voiced by Kaori Yoshioka)
  • Prinz Eugen (voiced by Ayane Sakura)
  • Shimakaze (voiced by Sayori Hayami)
  • Suruga (voiced by Aya Endo)
  • Z23 (voiced by Rika Abe)

Last edited:
Idea Factory has announced plans to localize Mary Skelter 2, a dungeon-crawling RPG.

D6PA8-hU8AAcOnS

Mary Skelter 2 is a sequel to Mary Skelter: Nightmares which was released on PlayStation Vita (and eventually Steam for the west). The second game will include the first game if you never managed to get your hands on it. Currently, the game will be released as a digital download title for the Nintendo Switch with no plans to bring the PlayStation 4 version over to the west.

Worth noting that Mary Skelter 2 is among the many Japanese games affected by Sony's policy changes in regards to fanservice content. However, the game was released in Japan and Asia before that had happened and currently the Asian release was patched in order to comply with the changes. That same patch broke the Chinese version of the game, as removing the mechanic that Sony requested to be removed, resulted in numerous bugs and glitches throughout.

Worth noting that Mary Skelter 2 is among the many Japanese games affected by Sony's policy changes in regards to fanservice content. However, the game was released in Japan and Asia before that had happened and currently the Asian release was patched in order to comply with the changes. That same patch broke the Chinese version of the game, as removing the mechanic that Sony requested to be removed, resulted in numerous bugs and glitches throughout.
Awesome, sony's evangelical view of western sensibilities is now literally breaking games.
Didn't they ever think like, people want things from Japanese developers in the way the devs intended them to be sold?

Awesome, sony's evangelical view of western sensibilities is now literally breaking games.
Didn't they ever think like, people want things from Japanese developers in the way the devs intended them to be sold?
Looking back it sounds like this whole fiasco happened because the UK's VSC Rating Board banned Omega Labyrinth Z (any other territory that banned the game - Germany and Australia - bans virtually anything) despite both PEGI and ESRB have no issues with it as long as it's M for Mature and PEGI 18. Honestly that game should have stayed in Asia due to the mechanic system that's common in anime dungeon games.

I don't know if the Chinese version ever got fixed so my guess is that Idea Factory felt it would be too much money for what will likely be low sales on a censored version so they opted to avoid it.

No it really was occurring before that game. As most of the changes I disagree but that banning of that sexist loli crap was justified they talk about their teddy bear while you.
Also since Pqube lost all the Sci;Adv VNs they gone some weird like embracing releasing **** japanese Ecchi games that are mediocre at best two years ago I loved the company now they make me cringe.

No it really was occurring before that game. As most of the changes I disagree but that banning of that sexist loli crap was justified they talk about their teddy bear while you.
Also since Pqube lost all the Sci;Adv VNs they gone some weird like embracing releasing **** japanese Ecchi games that are mediocre at best two years ago I loved the company now they make me cringe.
Personally, I'm happy that the mechanic used in dungeon crawling games like Criminal Girls and Mary Skelter (and a similar mechanic was used in Senran Kagura though not as insane) is being removed as it's just off-putting and damaging to the game's IP itself, while other cases like censoring CG images is just bizarre since a fair amount of them are harmless.

As for PQube I still appreciate them bringing over visual novels. I do plan on getting Our World is Ended and World End Syndrome because they look interesting. Though I am excited more for Spike Chunsoft with the action game CRYSTAR and adventure visual novels AI: The Somnium Files and YU-NO.

I can see why Senran Kagura is successful and popular, like I do like Marvelous as a company they do good games. Spike do seem to have got all the good stuff that Pqube probably would have got or been interested in.

I'll probably pick up Mary Skelter 2 - I enjoyed the first game (although I still need to actually complete it, I've been on the penultimate or last chapter for like 6 months, which is amusing considering I bought the game on release day).

Must admit I haven't paid close enough attention to the whole thing to know which precise mechanics were removed, but assuming it's the "rubbing the screen" one I won't exactly miss it as it was largely useless and purely for fanservice anyway. I don't really like the idea of censoring non-existent characters but I know I'm probably in the minority there... at least we're still getting games like this and Rio Reincarnation being brought across.

Publisher D3 Publisher and developer Matrix Software have announced some new details for their upcoming installment for Omega Labyrinth called Omega Labyrinth Life.

D6hBPvBUUAMOhZ2

The interesting news that came from this is that it will now also be heading to PlayStation 4 but under some various changes. The PlayStation 4 version will be renamed Labyrinth Life and will be toned down to comply with Sony's policy changes.

Both versions will benefit 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second (with 720p for handheld mode on Nintendo Switch). Switch owners will only have one save data file that can be backed up via Switch Online, whereas the PlayStation 4 owners can have three save data files which can also be backed up via PlayStation Plus.

The Retail prices will be 7,800 Yen for Nintendo Switch (physical/digital) and 5,800 Yen for PlayStation 4 (physical/digital). The game is scheduled for release in Japan on 1st August 2019.

Here's where the differences start to go into detail (NSFW):
Nintendo Switch version:
  • “Faint in Agony Flowering” System
    • Includes “Normal” and “Full Bloom Break” illustrations
    • Play touch events (acquired amount of experience points differs depending on the outcome of the touch event)
  • “Oppai Appraisal” System
    • Includes “Oppai Appraisal” illustrations
    • Play touch events after performing an “Oppai Appraisal” (the object placed in between the character’s breasts can be changed)
  • “Oppai Rock-Paper-Scissors” System
    • Control breasts to play rock-paper-scissors
  • “Hot Springs” Events
    • Includes every character’s hot springs illustration
    • Includes the “Illustration Touch” and “Illustration Zoom-In / Zoom-Out” features
  • “Holy Flower Flora”-Dedicated Events
    • Includes “Holy Flower Flora”-dedicated event illustrations
    • Play touch events
  • PTA (Pai Touch Action) (character illustration touch gameplay and reactions)
    • Supported
  • Gallery Feature
    • View the illustrations included in Omega Labyrinth Life
  • Oppai (Big Breasts)
    • Enlargeable (up to Z-cup) (depending on the change in bust size, the character’s status and illustration change)
  • Chippai (Small Breasts)
    • Enlargeable (up to Z-cup) (depending on the change in bust size, the character’s status and illustration change)
  • Seductive Oppai
    • Like ‘Em (Love ‘Em)
PlayStation 4 version:
  • “Faint in Agony Flowering” System
    • Includes only “Normal” illustrations
    • Scenes are skipped after the “Normal” illustrations are displayed (players acquire a fixed amount of experience points)
  • “Oppai Appraisal” System
    • After performing an “Oppai Appraisal,” the scene automatically skips (the object placed in between the breasts does not appear in the game)
  • “Oppai Rock-Paper-Scissors” System
    • Play rock-paper-scissors with Labyrinth Life-exclusive scenes
  • “Hot Springs” Events
    • Includes every character’s hot springs illustration (the amount of steam in the illustrations is partially different from Omega Labyrinth Life)
    • Includes the “Illustration Zoom-In / Zoom-Out” feature
  • “Holy Flower Flora”-Dedicated Events
    • Includes “Holy Flower Flora”-dedicated event illustrations
    • Scenes are skipped after the illustrations are displayed
  • PTA (Pai Touch Action) (character illustration touch gameplay and reactions)
    • Not supported
  • Gallery Feature
    • View the illustrations included in Labyrinth Life
  • Oppai (Big Breasts)
  • Chippai (Small Breasts)
  • Seductive Oppai
    • Like ‘Em (Love ‘Em)
Other Notes:
  • Content in the opening movie and ending partially differs in each version depending on the illustration.
  • Labyrinth Life only includes the character calls for some characters on the title screen after starting up the game.
  • The included characters, character skills, monsters items, story, dungeon, difficulty settings, etc. are the same between each version.
The game's previous installment Omega Labyrinth Z was planned for release in the west, but at the very last second after having the game fully translated and rated by the PEGI & ESRB without issue, the UK VSC and Sony rejected the game for official release.

Source of information via Gematsu.

I will laugh if the non titty ps4 one seeks more (by a significant margin as ofc more PS4 than switches)
I mean ofc we won’t be getting any of them over here as I doubt anyone would risk that series again

I will laugh if the non titty ps4 one seeks more (by a significant margin as ofc more PS4 than switches)
I mean ofc we won’t be getting any of them over here as I doubt anyone would risk that series again
I don't see any point in bringing the game over to the west even if it's on Switch. The UK VSC will be one major roadblock for the publisher (though I believe they did accept digital versions so I can't remember the specific details about that). To me, this game is better off released in Asia with an English translation like Bullet Girls Phantasia, Monster Monpiece and Moero Chronicle.

Back