UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If you haven't you should watch his stuff. There's only 4 films and one TV series due to his untimely death.
Hard to say where to start as they are all pretty mind bending. Probably Tokyo Godfathers. All films are available here, but Millennium Actress is DVD only at the moment and might be harder to find.
His TV series Paranoia-Agent is on Viewster.

original.gif
Shame Paranoia-Agent is cut.

Sony being willing to license out in the UK is a relatively new phenomenon, that really started with Indicator but they've now opened it up to other labels including Manga. Paprika was entirely unnecessary, it's a shame they didn't license and release Memories instead which would be an incredible get.

Millennium Actress has had a 4K restoration, so I feel like it's only a matter of time before someone releases it but I do hope it's sooner rather than later.
Memories that's a nother title I'd like to see.

Only one scene. I can't remember if Viewster had the uncut version or not, but it's currently down with a message saying "We're Moving" so I can't check.
Viewster does indeed have the uncut version, however as Viewster was bought by Cinedigm I presume there's something going on with the streaming site. Still waiting for Discotek to rescue the series for a Blu-ray release.

Got to laugh at the don't forget email for perfect blue. Perfect price £59.99 O_O from £89.99 (insert infinite faces of shock).

I own the old LE & the steelbook, don't think I'll be buying it yet again. I always hate remasters including 4k they make me feel like an idiot for supporting the earlier release(s).

Got to laugh at the don't forget email for perfect blue. Perfect price £59.99 O_O from £89.99 (insert infinite faces of shock).

I own the old LE & the steelbook, don't think I'll be buying it yet again. I always hate remasters including 4k they make me feel like an idiot for supporting the earlier release(s).
Nothing idiotic about buying earlier releases, they were the best available at that time. If I knew 30 years ago VHS tapes would be being replaced by Blu-ray and UHD discs, would that have stopped me buying a film then? Nope.

Nothing idiotic about buying earlier releases, they were the best available at that time. If I knew 30 years ago VHS tapes would be being replaced by Blu-ray and UHD discs, would that have stopped me buying a film then? Nope.

When money really counts, you try to get the most for it & you feel you're supporting an industry you're passionate about its always a kick in the teeth when they release yet another pricey special edition with yet again remastered video.

When money really counts, you try to get the most for it & you feel you're supporting an industry you're passionate about its always a kick in the teeth when they release yet another pricey special edition with yet again remastered video.
Just think of the money you'll save when you're little un's out of nappies 😉

It seems the only Gundam blu-rays AL actually bother releasing domestically anymore are the ones that already have an import release, so you may as well wait.

Sad but true, I'm still praying for Char's Counter Attack (and Unicorn subsequently) to round out my early UC collection :/

Back