UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So is there any difference in the discs at all between the AL Standard Edition Blu-ray, and the AL Steelbook release? Somehow I have both, so if they are identical discs I'd have the SE to offer to someone over here in the US that is disappointed with the newest release.

But they fixed it for the 4K, so I’m hoping a high quality IP (inter-positive) is round at some point and a decent UHD is released.
There a predator 4K boxset that come out last year in uk they all look good and you can get the first predator movie on its own but don't know about the others.

I was told that it was restored by some company in France as an outsource job from Anime Limited. Justin Sevakis just did video compression and authoring for the Blu-ray, so we’re dealing with some random French company being funded by AL France to “restore” Perfect Blue.

I think I'll have to stick with the old AL CE.

No idea why I thought it would be a rescan of the original stock :/

I thought so at first, but when I heard the original elements were destroyed, I knew something was up...

So, Q2 now approaches and bar the blog post from a month ago we have no more news?
I know, it’a frustrating! This will be the first year I collect anime, what else do they have up their sleeves I wonder?

Do Anime Limited have any sales during the year, like Easter or anything?

So q2 very busy.... and Geass is a big joke
Oh Maquia is fun too
I know, it’a frustrating! This will be the first year I collect anime, what else do they have up their sleeves I wonder?

Do Anime Limited have any sales during the year, like Easter or anything?

They have the frequent Early Bird offers, when titles are being released and the 12 Days of Christmas sale typically... ;)

I probably need to quantify my statement in as far as it would be good to get some more indicate release dates to help with budgeting from my perspective. I know Mirai and Maquia are looking like being released on 27th May, but nothing beyond this.

AL skipped Thunderbolt in France for some reason, so maybe it's Thunderbolt French release. :p

The UK/AU release is the Nozomi master with the region set to ABC.

Full Metal Panic season 4 came out in the US this week and is already hard to find. Does AL still hold the license for this show? I'm willing to wait for AL if they plan to release this latest season.

I'd like to know the same for Re:Zero season 1 part 2 and Blood Blockade Battlefront season 2.

Full Metal Panic season 4 came out in the US this week and is already hard to find. Does AL still hold the license for this show? I'm willing to wait for AL if they plan to release this latest season.

I'd like to know the same for Re:Zero season 1 part 2 and Blood Blockade Battlefront season 2.
Anime Limited are currently working through Full Metal Panic! IV I believe (Hanners mentioned something about figuring out how to lay out the CE release based on the reactions of the Funi LE set on Discord a while back).

Re:ZERO Season 1 Part 2 is still on board for Q2 but they'll probably reveal news on it closer to MCM in May.

AL don't have the rights to Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond, so they'll need to get it first.

So, this may be an odd question.
Before I moved I received my replacement disc for my Ultimate Edition of Your Name and unwrapped the box to ensure it was okay as the disc was rattling around. Now, I can’t recall if I switched out the discs.

Can anyone tell me the code on the underside of the disc of the corrected version so I can ensure I don’t dispose of the new one?

Thanks!

Seeing as it's nearly been 3 weeks since I last asked, are anyone else besides me still waiting on their return labels (I know some have already got theirs)? And are there any updates on those?

Back