What manga are you reading now?

Battle Angel Alita upto chapter 25
Finished one arc with Alita supposedly realising something about herself, but then the next arc time skips to 2 years later and she is seemingly doing something different again! But trouble is never too far away, even if it logically should have found her sooner.

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles volume 3 (light novel)

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom volume 2 (light novel)

Cooking with Wild Game volume 1 (light novel)

I am reading One Punch Man. I was sure manga is boring because Saitama looks quite strange. But. Boring - is the last word I would say about this manga. Very funny and ironic, one of my favorites now.

Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You've Got a Ringer) volume 1 (light novel) - review to follow

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom volume 8 (light novel)

I Shall Survive Using Potions! volume 1 (light novel) - I find myself wanting to read the other series the author writes. Fans of I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years would like this I think.

Hitorijime My Hero volume 1 - Off to a good start, lives up to the anime and I really like the artwork. Definitely going to continue collecting it.

Noragami volume 19

Sword Art Online: Progressive volume 5 (light novel) - I feel like not that much happens in this volume, but I think that's because all the loose ends from this book are due to be wrapped up in volume 6. A shame it's not out until June...

Behind the Scenes!! volume 3 - Picked this one back up with the realisation it should be close to or already finished in Japan. If it's not going to be a billion volumes I don't mind continuing. :)

Some recent manga reading...

All You Need is Kill
Borrowed this from the library, and I enjoyed it, but did come away from it feeling slightly dissatisfied with some elements. It encouraged me to watch the Hollywood take on the story, Edge of Tomorrow. Scandalously, I actually preferred it to the manga.

Gyo
Another loan from the library, and it's much superior to the anime film adaptation. I was really surprised to discover that none of the film's three main characters are actually in the manga original at all. Well, arguably one is, but really she's a totally different character just with her manga counterpart's name and appearance.

Wolf Children
This was brilliant! I'd wanted to read this for a while, and I spotted it in my local library's manga section. It's amazing what little detail differences can add up to, because I find this so much more engaging than the film it's based on. A stunning adaptation, in my view.

Goodnight Punpun volume 1
Wow, I hope the library gets the remaining five volumes of this. Pleeease?

Really interesting and inventive.

Akira volumes 1–6 (complete)
This left me mostly with an increased admiration of Katsuhiro Otomo's animated adaptation of his own manga.

Worth noting that this version of the books was flipped, though. I also found the translated sound effects pretty off-putting too. "Poutch"? "Slak"?

Finished A Silent Voice 6 + 7 (Complete)

Finished Volume 1 of Girls und Panzer

While I loved the Anime, so far I'd say the Manga is not bad.

The early episodes of the Anime focus heavily on Characters and world building, while there is a breif introduction on Chapter 1, the anime does a far better job although this is understandable as its trying to cover 12 episodes (I guess!) On 4 volumes

I am looking forward to the Little Army Manga that leads up to the start of Episode 1, I'm dissapointed by the lack of Little Army 2 English release

Battle Angel Alita Vol. 6
This is about fourth iteration of Alita. I don't know how the hell they've adapted this schizophrenic manga, the only thing that's been consistent is that Alita's a badass.

Some recent manga reading...

All You Need is Kill
Borrowed this from the library,

I'm so glad to see that your library still has a good selection of manga titles - too many libraries have been closing recently or not buying new stock due to lack of funding and yet just a few years ago, they were really keen to buy and promote manga! And you're helping out by borrowing the titles and pushing up their loans figures! (It's always worth putting in a request for a title or next volumes in a series in the hope that they might be able to order it for you...you never know!)

Back