The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Yes I’m very annoyed franchise films get ignored for cliche lovey/romancey stories
We do get franchise, but tend to be the mainstream-y shounen stuff: AoT, MHA and DB all had/have coming films in cinema.

So stand alone (not all lovey dovey, Genocidal Organ certainly wasn't) and big franchise films are obvious choices. Doesn't explain why no Pancreas though!

We do get franchise, but tend to be the mainstream-y shounen stuff: AoT, MHA and DB all had/have coming films in cinema.

So stand alone (not all lovey dovey, Genocidal Organ certainly wasn't) and big franchise films are obvious choices. Doesn't explain why no Pancreas though!

I highly doubt Pancreas won't get licensed by someone...

While there are certainly franchise films that don't get licensed, I have the feeling more are being licensed than not. Things like K-on! the movie, Chuunibyou, Beyond the boundary (Mirai), GuP der Film, SAO Ordinal Scale, Tamako Love Story, Index, Shana and more.

If I didn’t import I wouldn’t be able to own half like Tamako Love story, Liz and the blue bird come March and Free. America is licensing more and showing more cinemas while we cinema wise especially focus more on the romance stuff. And AoT was a recap as was Geass. (I do hope we get a Geass R3 though)

I've seen Genocidal Organ, Fireworks, Napping Princess and Lu Over the Wall last year and Mary and the Witches Flower, Maquia, Mirai and Mutafukaz this year.
I would say only one of those is a straight romance!

At the end of the day we can't compare UK market with US.
We can't compare thats why the UK market is worse in comparison. They got HF, they are getting Pancreas in cinemas they got Liz they got Haikara they got kizumonogatari in cinemas they got classmates in cinemas. And they got Lu, fireworks and all we got maybe later but they got all bar Geass I recap in cinemas. They blew our cinema output out the water and most got less screens than the UK showings do so someone can't tell me Americas bigger as a response. And SLA I don't count as thats a film festival.

We can't compare thats why the UK market is worse in comparison. They got HF, they are getting Pancreas in cinemas they got Liz they got Haikara they got kizumonogatari in cinemas they got classmates in cinemas. And they got Lu, fireworks and all we got maybe later but they got all bar Geass I recap in cinemas. They blew our cinema output out the water and most got less screens than the UK showings do so someone can't tell me Americas bigger as a response. And SLA I don't count as thats a film festival.

In my country the last anime movie that got a screening in cinemas was ponyo. I don’t complain, it’s niche over here, we aren’t that many to begin with. UK falls in between Portugal and US.

Back