UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think I'll pass on this one and know It's historical but it's blatant propaganda and the bbfc should of gave it a 12 because a its propaganda film.

I think the BBFC certificate is largely irrelevant, as @ayase said. I doubt it's going to convince many British / Western under-12s to sign up to the Japanese military (or defence force, as it is today). Unlike Triumph of the Will or Jud Süß, which strongly promote poisonous ideologies and prejudices that still sadly persist to this day, Momotaro's propaganda is now largely irrelevant and inapplicable.

I asked about on-disc extras because, as I've posted since it was announced, I thought it would be a good opportunity to release a historical survey of anime as I imagine that a lot of them are now public domain and could just be put on disc for posterity's sake. I'll take this chance to promote the English-friendly Japanese Animated Film Classics website that was set up by the National Film Centre at the National Museum of Modern Art in Tokyo for anime's centenary last year and includes other works by Mitsuyo Seo (director of Momotaro) and Kenzo Masaoka (The Spider and the Tulip)

Last edited:
I feel like even if I wanted to get into Gundam, there's no point in me starting to buy it now as some parts of the series are out of print already.

Mobile Suit GUNDAM: Origin I-IV
Gundam-Origin-AN-template-850x1135.jpg
Very happy we're getting this, it will certainly still be a day-one purchase for me, but the choice of the covers being for I or II and III or IV is a little bit awkward, as others have mentioned.

Any chance the reversible interior could have both, so you have the cover for Vol. I on the front of the case, II on the back etc? Just the images with minimal white space and titles would be even nicer (like AL's reversible sleeves of the other UC shows) but I get that distributors have to work with what they're given a lot of the time.

I feel like even if I wanted to get into Gundam, there's no point in me starting to buy it now as some parts of the series are out of print already.
Only things currently oop here are the movies(available from AL France) and G Reco, which should be getting a standard edition in the near future. I'm excluding the Origin CEs as they're Japanese versions sold by AL.

Back