[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Hopefully, 4K GitS means a new master for the regular BD as well. Why they've continued to put out that years old BD master instead of that newer HDTV one baffles me.

Hopefully, 4K GitS means a new master for the regular BD as well. Why they've continued to put out that years old BD master instead of that newer HDTV one baffles me.
Is there anything wrong with the current BD master though? I certainly never noticed anything.

It's not bad, but there's a better one out there that was made for airing on TV, but has never been released on home media.

Nipponart will release Texhnolyze on BD and DVD in Germany. Planned for the second quarter of 2018.

This is the first Blu-Ray release announced worldwide for that masterpiece.

Source: Toxic Sushi issue #24

Nipponart will release Texhnolyze on BD and DVD in Germany. Planned for the second quarter of 2018.

This is the first Blu-Ray release announced worldwide for that masterpiece.

Source: Toxic Sushi issue #24

Would love to see Funimation do another release, along with alot of other shows they only ever released through their ****** Anime Classics branding. A proper complete collection release of all their Anime Classics stuff would be awesome but especially for shows like Texhnolyze and Haibane Renmei etc

Would love to see Funimation do another release, along with alot of other shows they only ever released through their ****** Anime Classics branding. A proper complete collection release of all their Anime Classics stuff would be awesome but especially for shows like Texhnolyze and Haibane Renmei etc
I'd also be up for Texhnolyze on Blu Ray, I think I need to watch it again and a remaster/upscale would be ideal.

Is there anything wrong with the current BD master though? I certainly never noticed anything.

It's fine considering the age of the master, but it's not particularly good - it's even windowboxed! A new 4K master is essential, and I can't wait to see it - whether that be on 4K Blu-Ray or regular old Blu-Ray.

Your Name's 4K master is an upscale, whereas presumably they're going back to the 35mm for the new Ghost in the Shell master.

Re_ZERO_-_Confused_Ram_and_Rem.gif

Crunchyroll x Funimation June 2018 Release Slate revealed.

Notes:
  • 2 limited edition versions available.
  • No limited edition planned for Berserk 2017.
  • 2 live-action Japanese properties.

Wonder if that's a LE for part 1 of Re:Zero and part 2 will slot in, or if it will be a double LE. Given the way My Hero has gone I'm guessing a double LE.

I guess I'll grab the Re:Zero LE and I'll consider if Sins/Akashic have any merit (beyond the fan service we know is already there)

Wonder if that's a LE for part 1 of Re:Zero and part 2 will slot in, or if it will be a double LE. Given the way My Hero has gone I'm guessing a double LE.

I guess I'll grab the Re:Zero LE and I'll consider if Sins/Akashic have any merit (beyond the fan service we know is already there)
Based on the picture I posted in the non UK artwork thread it looks to be one box to house both parts as the box doesn't state Part 1 on it. I'm going to wait and see what the AL release looks like before I consider buying, they might be similar.

Oh and Akashic is pretty decent, though the ending screams "read the LN/manga" like a lot of anime do.

Based on the picture I posted in the non UK artwork thread it looks to be one box to house both parts as the box doesn't state Part 1 on it. I'm going to wait and see what the AL release looks like before I consider buying, they might be similar.

Oh and Akashic is pretty decent, though the ending screams "read the LN/manga" like a lot of anime do.

UK CE for Re:ZERO is confirmed to have more pages in the booklet than the US release at least.

I also enjoyed Akashic, as evidently seen by me using this smug face:

2017-10-01_37.png

UK CE for Re:ZERO is confirmed to have more pages in the booklet than the US release at least.

I also enjoyed Akashic, as evidently seen by me using this smug face:

2017-10-01_37.png
That smug face will secure its legacy somewhat
The Re:Zero AL set was also said to have some AL store exclusive iirc

Back