The General Conversation Area

Is that Final Fantasy? Couldn't get into the games. I remember seeing the film (the CGI one) many years ago (best friend was into it), and it wasn't my cup of tea to be honest.

Edit: Advent Children, I think that was the name of the film...

Is that Final Fantasy? Couldn't get into the games. I remember seeing the film (the CGI one) many years ago (best friend was into it), and it wasn't my cup of tea to be honest.

Edit: Advent Children, I think that was the name of the film...
It is
Well in order to appreciate Advent Children you have to have played Final Fantasy VII

Yeah, my friend at the time played it, and she did "show me" the characters and whatnot, but it wasn't my thing. Makes sense as to why I couldn't really "get" the film though...

That reminds me of something in one of the Introductions threads a while back...

She was really into it, and she showed me the game and the characters, and I remember doing some Tifa art for her birthday, and I bought her a Tifa figurine as well. I mean, Tifa was pretty bad-a$$; she was about the only thing I liked!

Whilst she was storming her way through FF VII, I was most probably still trying to find my way through Lara Croft's b****y mansion, figuring out what the actual heck that room was actually for once I'd managed to make the mad dash into it after unlocking it from a part of the house that was about half a mile away! XD

#GoodTimes

Whilst she was storming her way through FF VII, I was most probably still trying to find my way through Lara Croft's b****y mansion, figuring out what the actual heck that room was actually for once I'd managed to make the mad dash into it after unlocking it from a part of the house that was about half a mile away! XD

#GoodTimes
To be fair Tifa spends a chunk of the story looking after a broken Cloud, the game in general has a great story and characters, and is in my top 5 games.

I've said it before in the gaming forums but I absolutely loved disk 1 or final fantasy 7 ,it was so richly developed and powerful... For years I never went much further but eventually I sat down and focused on finishing it and I found the rest of the game really disappointing. There isn't really that much character development and the majority of the other 3 disks is just running about after the main protagonist.

FF Crisis core was much better to me.. It was like all the best bits of ff7 condensed and despite knowing the ending before I began I still found it moving. Of course you could argue it didn't have that magic if you'd never played ff7.

To be fair Tifa spends a chunk of the story looking after a broken Cloud, the game in general has a great story and characters, and is in my top 5 games.
Nah, that's cool dude, I can see why it's popular it just wasn't for me to be honest.

If I remember rightly it was number 10 that my friend was disappointed in, in terms of story and characters...she was a pretty hardcore fan of the franchise in general, but she hands-down said her fave was number 7!

If I remember rightly it was number 10 that my friend was disappointed in, in terms of story and characters...she was a pretty hardcore fan of the franchise in general, but she hands-down said her fave was number 7!
Your friend has good taste!

I've said it before in the gaming forums but I absolutely loved disk 1 or final fantasy 7 ,it was so richly developed and powerful... For years I never went much further but eventually I sat down and focused on finishing it and I found the rest of the game really disappointing. There isn't really that much character development and the majority of the other 3 disks is just running about after the main protagonist.

FF Crisis core was much better to me.. It was like all the best bits of ff7 condensed and despite knowing the ending before I began I still found it moving. Of course you could argue it didn't have that magic if you'd never played ff7.
I loved it all, there's a series of videos by The Completionist that nicely details the depth of the story and characters. I'll admit it has the problem all FF games have where the ending is marred by having too much in the overworld to collect

Your friend has good taste!

Well, we don't see each other any more, but yeah, she absolutely loved the games! I tried my best to "get it", and whilst I liked the look of the games and the overall character design, I just wasn't really interested in much beyond that I'm afraid...she knew her stuff though. She once had me help her to compose her musical arrangement for our GCSE exam, based off the score fom FF 7...

I loved it all, there's a series of videos by The Completionist that nicely details the depth of the story and characters. I'll admit it has the problem all FF games have where the ending is marred by having too much in the overworld to collect
Gotta collect ‘em all!

Because I could listen to the notes and play them back, she would then annotate and make it into proper music...like yeah, let's rip off Square Enix or whoever it was that did the games!

Back