So what’s your MyAnimeList statistics?

Not much there on manga wise because i don't like reading on a computer (i actually just yesterday got tablet for this reason so that's going to solve the problem) and manga's are really expensive to purchase. Mangas don't really cost too much per volume but most series have 10+ volumes so getting physical copies get's expensive (and mangas also take lot of room)

xFW97p1.png

If you're giving series like Bakuman, Kids on the Slope and Moribito a 5/10 or lower then there's no helping you unfortunately
:p

Full disclosure:

Bakuman I thought could've done with a bit more tension: I mean, even the duo's main rival in the industry was their friend!

Also, Moritaka and Miho's "relationship" is ludicrous. The first time he ever speaks to her he asks her to marry him?!? And then they decide to not see each other until they've achieved their respective dreams? Right... (And the fact I had to look up their names on MAL because I didn't remember them doesn't bode well either.)

Some of the sexist crap also spoiled it for me. "Men have dreams that a woman wouldn't understand"? What century is this?

And I pacepalmed when I saw Miho's mother's character design. (That hair...)

Moribito I just found rather po-faced. I also got tired of the mystical mumbo jumbo. And Torogai got wearisome as a character for me.

I'm not sure humour is really writer/director Kenji Kamiyama's strong suit, given how shoehorned-in it feels (to me) in Eden of the East. I admit that his film 009 Re:Cyborg is also pretty devoid of humour, but I genuinely like that film, so... swings and roundabouts, I guess.

Kids on the Slope was going to be an easy 9/10 for me until the last episode and a half, with I despised with a burning passion. I honestly couldn't figure why Kaoru would let his much-longed-for relationship with Ritsuko turn to sh*t just because Sentarou disappeared. It just seemed so out-of-character.

And don't even get me started on that last episode. The whole thing felt like some kind of gross parody and a sick joke at my expense. Honestly, that scene with Sentarou playing drums in the church... I just shook my head in dismay at how such an excellent series went so badly wrong within sight of the end. (Again, I had to look the character names up on MAL. I guess I'd banished as much of it from memory as possible.)

What a god-awful abomination that mutated into.

Anyone care for rebuttal?

Last edited:
With regards to Kids on the Slope that’s how it ends in the manga as well.

Bakuman was a chore to read and when I finished I sold my manga. I didn’t enjoy it.

:p
Kids on the Slope was going to be an easy 9/10 for me until the last episode and a half, with I despised with a burning passion. I honestly couldn't figure why Kaoru would let his much-longed-for relationship with Ritsuko turn to sh*t just because Sentarou disappeared. It just seemed so out-of-character.

And don't even get me started on that last episode. The whole thing felt like some kind of gross parody and a sick joke at my expense. Honestly, that scene with Sentarou playing drums in the church... I just shook my head in dismay at how such an excellent series went so badly wrong within sight of the end. (Again, I had to look the character names up on MAL. I guess I'd banished as much of it from memory as possible.)

What a god-awful abomination that mutated into.

Anyone care for rebuttal?
Well in Kids on the Slope's case the manga has some extra material the anime didn't cover. What was omitted/skipped from the end of Sakamichi no Apollon? Here's a link if you don't mind spoilers, though I agree that ending wasn't the best, I'd like to see the stuff that wasn't adapted released as an OVA or something since it's a much better conclusion to the story. I felt the anime ending let down the series somewhat, and lowered my rating from great to very good to reflect this.

Last edited:
So, I finally got around to looking up my seemingly infamous (lack of) affinity with the folks in my MAL friends list. My highest was with @GolGotha, on 47.4%, followed by @NormanicGrav on 42.2%. The lowest I found was a frankly baffling –23.5%. 😵

Someone help me. Please.

I have a -51.9% manga affinity* with one of mine (Torisunanohokori), so I don't know what you're complaining about.

*Which is thus a more negative affinity than my highest positive affinity on my friends list.

Yep, needs 10 IIRC. I don't think I've even got to 10 completed yet!
Ahh, I see. Yeah, my manga list is pretty paltry. (Something to do with this thing called "watching anime" or something. 😉)

I'm hoping to fix that a bit when Gantz starts being released in omnibus format. I'd like to collect that.

Looks like our only overlap so far is Death Note.

Back