UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

For now we have been told to keep an eye on their social media (this one for example) and at the moment Attack on Titan 2 is the first step. Once that does well, that will help bring more over.
Thanks. Actually I'm already following that Twitter account, but now I'll pay more attention. I think I will probably be in for a long wait before Nichijou and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid might get a Blu-ray release in the UK.

And why do these companies fail because fans won’t support them with this negative attitudes therefore the sales won’t add up and they ofc will leave. If you are running at a loss like Uni was why would you continue.
I will buy the AOT release, and it won't make a difference because most of Funimation's output isn't mainstream enough to justify a UK release. Sony will screw us, on a larger scale than Universal.

I will buy the AOT release, and it won't make a difference because most of Funimation's output isn't mainstream enough to justify a UK release. Sony will screw us, on a larger scale than Universal.
Why spend so much money on an anime company, if there not going to release titles?
If not, I can't see why they won't continue subleasing as before.

Hope there's a regular BD or CE for Wolf's Rain. It's one of my favourites, but sadly not £150/170eur favourite. Good to hear Re:Zero will be out in Q2.

Before we go too deep down the "they haven't listed insert title here, it's been cancelled/delayed forever/thrown into a volcano like Budori Gusuko" rabbit hole, please note the following we very deliberately added to the release schedule page:

PLEASE NOTE: The list above does not include all releases planned during this time; there are more in the works and this page will be updated accordingly once all info is 100% confirmed and set.

This is there for a reason - there's still more planned and yet to be announced for Q2 that hasn't yet been added to that list for a number of reasons, so please bear that in mind before panicking or making assumptions. ;)

This is there for a reason - there's still more planned and yet to be announced for Q2 that hasn't yet been added to that list for a number of reasons, so please bear that in mind before panicking or making assumptions. ;)
I really don't want to be too pessimistic, but that actually worries me more. I'm not confident that any of the new lineup will meet those release dates, and the addition of any further titles, no matter how much I want them, can only lead to further delays.

And to be fair, we are all still awaiting confirmation of the titles that ARE cancelled.

Yeah I’ve gone Madman for SAO as May is way way too late after everyone else for me.

Heh, I'm actually considering the Aniplex release just so I can have the CD.

4rzqB97.jpg

Back