Christmas Traditions (split from Anime Limited thread)

Thanks for providing us a status on the current stock! I am perfectly fine with waiting a little longer for the other remaining items. Besides we have the best christmas film airing on TV this Sunday so that will keep us distracted!
vx510.jpg

Got my brother the Die Hard Christmas book as a stocking filler for Christmas.

I always have a Christmas double bill, Die Hard followed by It's a Wonderful Life. Bruce Willis and James Stewart complement each other so well :D
For me it's Die Hard, Gremlins and a variety of Christmas specials from shows like Bottom and Blackadder. My viewing Journal entries will slowly get more Christmassy over the next two weeks ;)

I was going to see Gremlins at the local Picturehouse, but turned out I'm working :(
Most Picturehouses are far away for me, though I make a point to go to the one in central after Uni sometimes since it's just a few stops away on the Bakerloo Line. I'd love to see Gremlins on the big screen some day though.

I'd love to see Gremlins on the big screen some day though.
I think it's an annual thing at the Southampton one. I've just never paid attention, but this year I've been to the cinema probably more times than last 10 put together due to anime and classics (I did go to 2 current films, Rouge One and GitS, as well) so it was on my radar more.

I think it's an annual thing at the Southampton one. I've just never paid attention, but this year I've been to the cinema probably more times than last 10 put together due to anime and classics (I did go to 2 current films, Rouge One and GitS, as well) so it was on my radar more.
Rouge One was pretty decent from what I remember;)
I've also been frequenting the cinema more often thanks to this pass. GITS was the first film I saw at Picturehouse actually.

I avoid any Christmas movies or specials, don't even have TV reception in my house to watch any Christmas-sy television broadcasts - I just want Christmas to hurry up and be over every year. Bah, humbug...

Yuletide isn't Yuletide for me without some Poirot and Captain Picard's Christmas Carol. But it always annoys me when we don't have snow this time of year. Worse if we have rain instead, which is most years now, thanks climate change. I need a winter home in Scandinavia or Hokkaido or somewhere.

Probably time for a thread split if a kindly mod will oblige us... I know AL have basically been our personal Father Christmas this year but the link is getting tenuous.

I always make sure to watch Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Jingle all the way and The complete series of Haruhi.
Plenty to keep me busy heh.

I used the watch Star Wars as a kid when it was shown at Christmas, so I think I’ll crack open my blu rays and give it a watch.

As I’m on the night shift for Christmas Day I won’t be watching any Christmas telly.

Mentioned on here before I'm sure but my Christmas Tradition now is to watch 'Tokyo Godfathers' in the evening at normally around 8pm-9pm after the last family visit. Done it since 2014 and have every intention to do it again this year and every year beyond. I adore the film and it always leaves me happy on a day when you want that most if you can get it. Highly recommend it.

I tend to watch the Christmas stuff by The AVGN and Nostalgia Critic around this time of year as well. Not sure if anyone on here watches their videos.

Glad to see another Doug Walker fan on here.:)

Whilst I can't say I really keep up with him much now (the focus on skits over the reviews themselves was off putting to me) Doug and the whole Channel Awesome crew of old were a big part of my early to mid teen years.

As for other Christmas traditions of mine, I watch the K-On Christmas episode every Christmas eve since first discovering the series. I also make sure to watch The Muppet Christmas Carol at some point around Christmas too.

Whilst I can't say I really keep up with him much now (the focus on skits over the reviews themselves was off putting to me) Doug and the whole Channel Awesome crew of old were a big part of my early to mid teen years.

As for other Christmas traditions of mine, I watch the K-On Christmas episode every Christmas eve since first discovering the series. I also make sure to watch The Muppet Christmas Carol at some point around Christmas too.
I agree the sketches get pretty off-putting, though his recent Christmas episodes were great. Channel Awesome were also a big part of my teenage years and even now I'm still tuning in to the reviewers that are still around (i.e Todd in the Shadows, Brad/Cinema Snob)
Muppets Christmas Carol is another staple, Michael Caine is a real gem.
IMG_1059.GIF

Back