The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

I agree. Bloodborne is one of my favourite games of all time, and as much I'd love a second, I don't think this is it. The currently prevailing theory is that it's either a Shadow Tower reboot or something completely new.

I agree. Bloodborne is one of my favourite games of all time, and as much I'd love a second, I don't think this is it. The currently prevailing theory is that it's either a Shadow Tower reboot or something completely new.

I'd take a shadow tower reboot.

I had a closer look at the trailer and noticed some Japanese kanji scribbles in ink, could be a new Tenchu instalment.

You know, I really don't think it is Bloodborne 2. The music seems very Japanese, and the background of the trailer shows writing that also looks Japanese. Unless they're massively changing the setting from the first game to something set in Japan, I'm unsure this is a Bloodborne sequel.
Yeeeeeah now that I've re-watched it when not half asleep it's clearly not Bloodborne, I mean the arm device thing has a bloody kunai in it lol I hate that I got excited for a new Bloodborne, I just want it to be a thing so much ;_; That said I love Tenchu and it could very well be that so I guess I'll live, I have a lot of faith in From.

*although I've seen people claiming it could be something to do with a game called KUON as the sound effect in the teaser is commonly used in that game. Can't say I know much about KUON tbh but it sounds interesting.

Last edited:
PSX is currently going on and Sony have announced two more first-party titles getting the remaster treatment.

MediEvil
The classic skeleton knight from the PlayStation 1 era (and also the PSP re-imagining which destroyed the franchise) returns with more details to be revealed soon. 4K resolution is confirmed.

Patapon 2
The sequel to the cult hit rhythm game from the PlayStation Portable will also be remastered with 4K resolution and support similar to its predecessor.

In addition WipEout will also be offered VR support via an update sometime during early 2018.

Bunch of Street Fighter news today, seeing it was the Capcom Cup finals. First up, revealed before the start of top 8, is the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection:

Releasing for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam in May 2018, a collection of 12 titles from the very first through 3rd Strike, four of which have online play (bolded) as well as the usual art galleries and whathaveyou these types of game collections usually have:
  • Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter II
  • Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  • Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
  • Street Fighter Alpha
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Street Fighter III
  • Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
  • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Next up, after the tournament concluded, Ono-san dropped the first season 3 character reveal trailer, Sakura:

Initially, the five other season 3 characters weren't revealed, but then Ono gave us another video, the opening cinematic for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, giving us glimpses of the other characters joining the roster in 2018: Blanka, Falke (new), Cody, G (new) and Sagat.

Last edited:
I'll be picking up the Anniversary Collection for some 3rd Strike online as I've missed it quite a bit tbh.

Sakura looks great man (and her theme is still one of my favourites), nice to see they finally took her out her school uniform (probably only so they could sell it as a DLC costume as they know many will buy it, but still :p)

Glad they went and showed off everyone rather than the silly silhouettes, I mean showing people what they are getting with a season pass? What a concept... Sagat looks freaking sick too. I'm not a huge fan of Street Fighter V (and that makes me sad to say as Street Fighter is up there as one of my favourite franchises) but I'm willing to give Arcade Edition a go when it comes out.

Some more great news from Fakku, today it was announced adult games from MangaGamer, JAST USA, NekoWorks, Denpasoft, Lyricbox and Illusion will be seeing their way onto the Fakku website with a pretty nice selection already available to buy. More Publishers/Developers to be announced in the future.

Its also great they're taking a zero-tolerance approach to stolen artwork, flipped assets and machine translations with all games being curated before being put up for sale. Fakku has done some really good work over the last few years so its good they expect the same level of quality in the games they're going sell.

Fakku announcement can be found here

Pretty damn excited to play Dark Souls again, I just hope they put some real effort into the remaster and manage to hit that 60fps target they claim to be going for.

DUgmgGtWAAAavas.jpg

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
heads to PC & Steam on 14th February 2018. Steam page does have spoilers for ToCS I.

Last edited:
I know right. How else am I meant to continue my relationship with instructor Sara (who is best girl and if you say otherwise then I'll fight you) without owning the game.

Back