UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

cdc.jpg

I keep waiting for a chance to use this and when it finally came along I completely forgot :p. It sums up manga UK nicely (I could also believe that those subs came from their release)

What is there to fix? Anyone stupid enough to buy these overpriced rereleases that are identical but with a slipcover deserve to be screwed over. Manga could've at least used Funi's masters. But no, instead it's DVD bonus features as per usual.
Disregarding the ****-quality DVD extras, how are the actual movies on the Manga UK versions? Is the video/audio quality good? What about the subs? I'm trying to decide if I want the Funimation releases or if I'm reluctantly going to give Manga some more money just to own Wolf Children and TGWLTT.

Disregarding the ****-quality DVD extras, how are the actual movies on the Manga UK versions? Is the video/audio quality good? What about the subs? I'm trying to decide if I want the Funimation releases or if I'm reluctantly going to give Manga some more money just to own Wolf Children and TGWLTT.

worth noting the Funi versions had problems if the packaging hopefully Manga will fix this. Personally I dont care if the extra's are on DVD as long as the film is of good quality.

Someone mentioned the Blu-Rays were just going to be the same as the ones already in circulation. So TGWLTT will have the same problem as it currently does Defective or Disappointing UK Anime Discs
But the other 2 aren't mentioned in that thread, so should be fine.

But you could import the Funi releases and get all the bonus features on BD as well.
I like how one moment this Forum will be moaning about people importing /already announced on Bluray for UK release/ shows

To then be suggesting it would be better to just import /already announced on Bluray for UK release/ shows and wondering why Manga doesn't bother with more UK Bluray titles or fixing broken disks

I like how one moment this Forum will be moaning about people importing /already announced on Bluray for UK release/ shows

To then be suggesting it would be better to just import /already announced on Bluray for UK release/ shows and wondering why Manga doesn't bother with more UK Bluray titles or fixing broken disks
This was their chance to fix a broken disc and they've already announced they didn't bother.

I buy Manga UK releases every now and then even with my dislike of them, but I'm not going to wait several years just for them to release a BD when it's been out in the US/AU for a while already.

Another reason for why I import a BD instead of buying it here is if there's clearly going to be some issues with the UK BD release, why would I willingly settle for a worse release when I can import a US/AU release for not that much more (depending on the title) instead?

To be fair AUKN is made up of different people with differing opinions. However, I don't think our relatively small, generally older and more hardcore user base stands much of a chance of damaging Manga's sales due to importing. There's what, maybe two dozen people on here (and that's probably being generous) who are die hard importers? If those lost sales are decimating Manga's sales figures then they have much more serious problems than just us.

Do I count as a die hard importer?
I couldn't honestly give names, it's just a rough estimate based mainly on the number of people I see posting about importing over buying locally. My main point is I'm just not convinced AUKN is particularly representative of most casual anime buyers in the UK (the market Manga courts by their own admission) and I think whatever people here say or do will make very little difference to their sales figures.

For what it's worth, I looked at this the other day, whatever Manga are doing, it works. A number of their releases have entered The Official TV Show on DVD/BD Chart for the UK, none of AL's have. (Not that I think AL are particularly trying to.)

Why would they listen to our complaints, when it clearly doesn't matter?

Back