UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Keeping it real - don't get your hopes up for much - we're all wordlwide working with what's been made available though so you'll see basic consistency worldwide about it in the end and not necessarily in a features-rich way. Like I said on the podcast, it's chalk and cheese between Your Name and A Silent Voice on that frontier!

Best.

Andrew
Do you have any idea of when you'll be able to share more of what's to be included in the CE of A Silent Voice? Quite curious to see what you're planning with that price tag.

I paid £33 from AOL for ERASED in jan as I had a hunch the price wouldn't drop so I'll keep that. If part 2's price doesn't rise (cynical me thinks they may even delist it) it was because of the translation costs for the booklet I would expect the reason for part 1 high RRP.

I paid £33 from AOL for ERASED in jan as I had a hunch the price wouldn't drop so I'll keep that. If part 2's price doesn't rise (cynical me thinks they may even delist it) it was because of the translation costs for the booklet I would expect the reason for part 1 high RRP.
Fair point re the booklet, I thought Part 2 actually came with more than just the show but seems it's just the box and the discs if Amazon is accurate. Man I hope they somehow manage to keep Part 2 the same size as Part 1 packaging wise (not sure how they could tbh), I hate having the 2 parts for a series being odd sizes as it looks a bit weird....probably not a complaint they'll hear often, but meh, I'm weird like that lol.

Still debating whether to go for Erased even with the early bird. I've set £44.99 as my max limit for a 1-cour anime, so unless part 2 can come out at £14.99 (which is doubtful), I might wait a bit longer or take my chances with Dodax. But it does look like a nice set. I'll think about it a bit longer.

God damn it Aniplex.

The international shipping charge on their store is so high that it basically brings it back up to the standard price anyway, so the early bird offer doesn't do anything for me.

I wonder why they aren't going KimiUso route, having 1 box coming with part 1 with space for part 2.

I mean they already did this with Charlotte, not a big deal but looks less nice on shelf.

Early bird price is nice and all.. if you live inside UK. Cause with shipping it's more £11.50 :/

I wonder why they aren't going KimiUso route, having 1 box coming with part 1 with space for part 2.

I mean they already did this with Charlotte, not a big deal but looks less nice on shelf.

Early bird price is nice and all.. if you live inside UK. Cause with shipping it's more £11.50 :/
It's probably Aniplex wiggling their finger and saying no no.

Fair point re the booklet, I thought Part 2 actually came with more than just the show but seems it's just the box and the discs if Amazon is accurate. Man I hope they somehow manage to keep Part 2 the same size as Part 1 packaging wise (not sure how they could tbh), I hate having the 2 parts for a series being odd sizes as it looks a bit weird....probably not a complaint they'll hear often, but meh, I'm weird like that lol.

Added translation cost and we did a bit more to the box than our friends in America (not a complaint re the US one, just we pushed the envelope a bit further there). So the costs were higher - with Part 2, we're seeing what we can do to keep that consistent but just focus more on what the USA has already done so the box itself will remain consistent but we'll likely follow a similar booklet for example to aid everyone's sanity...

Best,

AP

last thing I got was AL. the Escaflowne ultimate edition. saw it on the site, huge cut price but still not under £100, amazon was £99.99 and I threw my wallet at the screen. I wonder how it hasn't sold out it's one of the most complete ultimates on there, where as I'm aware of full metal panic was sold out almost as quickly as they've got it and some CE's like kill la kill are out of stock on at least part of that particular collection

Are there any updates on the Person 3 Movie 2 sound issues? The AL webshop says it will be available soon since April. Persona 3: Movie #2 Midsummer Knight's Dream - Blu-ray+DVD Ltd Collector's Edition set
I'm guessing that they haven't updated that piece of information since UP has it in stock, and they stopped selling it after the audio issue came to light (I think I've mentioned it in a few threads here).

United Publications - Persona 3 - Movie 2: Midsummer Knight's Dream (S) Collector's Edition DVD/Blu-Ray

I'd be in for CCS :)

On a separate note - Whatever happened to Buddy Complex? Might be Mis-remembering but AL licensed it didn't they?

Back