UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Importcds is offering 10% off all orders using the code TAKE10. I'm pretty sure they're the same company as Wow HD so I expect they operate and ship the same way.

Correct they're part of the Alliance Entertainment group of which DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet are also a part of. I've used importcds before, last time for Black Jack: The Movie, and their packaging is quality wise about the same as Amazon US is. Takes about 2 weeks before their stuff arrives, and before i forget they have no tracking.

Correct they're part of the Alliance Entertainment group of which DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet are also a part of. I've used importcds before, last time for Black Jack: The Movie, and their packaging is quality wise about the same as Amazon US is. Takes about 2 weeks before their stuff arrives, and before i forget they have no tracking.
Am I correct in presuming they're customs friendly then?

This is why I stuck it on the thread, wasn't sure if they were customs friendly or not.

Edit: looking at the Bluray.com forum some people mention how Import CD also reship from the UK, hmm... it really isn't clear so yeah Wow HD remain the best option I think.

Edit II: thought screw it and ordered the following with my Amazon refund:
Bleach set 2 Blu ray
Hetalia: World Series anime classics
Hunter x hunter volume 2 Blu ray

Last edited:
Appreciate Ass Class, bf pre-ordered it at Amazon for £44.99 as part of my b'day so this saves him a tenner and my guilt at having him spend money on me (odd, yeah..I know haha)

Tempted by Noragami but I have Belladonna & Anthem of the Heart coming out later this month ..arghhhh.

Appreciate Ass Class, bf pre-ordered it at Amazon for £44.99 as part of my b'day so this saves him a tenner and my guilt at having him spend money on me (odd, yeah..I know haha)

Tempted by Noragami but I have Belladonna & Anthem of the Heart coming out later this month ..arghhhh.
Anthem of the Heart is more important than Noragami. I trust you're choosing the Zavvi version?

Received my second copy of Code Geass which unfortunately has the old discs. I was told that the replacement would be "the correct discs". Do you think it would be too cheeky to ask for a refund/replacement? (I'm not sure they have any copies with the corrected discs)

Received my second copy of Code Geass which unfortunately has the old discs. I was told that the replacement would be "the correct discs". Do you think it would be too cheeky to ask for a refund/replacement? (I'm not sure they have any copies with the corrected discs)

Amazon themselves have no way to tell what discs are inside other than opening the product, which they won't do.

You could try for a refund, and get them to let you keep the product, but its your choice how you deal with CS. They might tell you to return the product

Back