MCM London Comic Con May 2017 --NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS--

Excellent Pick ups from MVM so far a real mix of stuff. Very please Grimore of Zero and Grandblue fantasy are getting UK releases. 3 more to go, still hoping for Chivalry ,Grisaia and Kizumonogarati

Ooh might get me some Initial D. Not too excited with MVM's other acquisitions but I think Universal own my wallet for the year now anyway.

R

Some decent pick-ups. Granblue is 'meh', but oh well, can't win 'em all. I'm interested in the Initial D Movies in theory, but I haven't seen the show yet and I'm interested in Grimoire but I don't know too much about it besides it's from White Fox.

Really happy with DanMachi being picked up so quickly! Gives me a lot of hope for the future of that series overall

So HYPED for the Initial D movies, they are a pretty decent retelling of the series (which I love) though the soundtrack going from Eurobeat to something more Rock like was less cool but still they are really great movies.

Now if only someone could release Fifth Stage and Final Stage

Wasn't Tenchi and Sailor Moon the two that nearly sank MVM ?
Sailor Moon maybe. It was a different time and a younger audience with less disposable income to splash on 4 episode DVD's (and VHS?) That ran into double digits to get the whole series.
But now we're in the time of the 'Complete Collection' and it really shocks me no one has picked up a UK release of the Universe & In Tokyo sets Funi put out 5 years ago! It's easy money from the nostalgia demographic that remember from cartoon network!!

I swear if nobody picks up Masaaki Yuasa's new films for the US I think I'll actually cry. Might end up calling for a visit back to the UK just to see them.

Sailor Moon maybe. It was a different time and a younger audience with less disposable income to splash on 4 episode DVD's (and VHS?) That ran into double digits to get the whole series.
But now we're in the time of the 'Complete Collection' and it really shocks me no one has picked up a UK release of the Universe & In Tokyo sets Funi put out 5 years ago! It's easy money from the nostalgia demographic that remember from cartoon network!!

MVM have said they are waiting to see how the OVAs sell first. If they do well I suspect they will pick up more of the series.

I think it was Yu Yu Hakusho, not Tenchi which was the real drag. 3 episodes per disc at £20 per pop of a long running repetitive shonen show.

Ha, that's interesting, I never knew Hakusho was ever released here. It certainly never aired on TV over here, I know because when I was into DBZ as it aired an early internet search brought up the show as something airing alongside it in the US, and I wanted to see it as well (not that I hated the Gundam Wing double bill we had at the time...)

Ha, that's interesting, I never knew Hakusho was ever released here. It certainly never aired on TV over here, I know because when I was into DBZ as it aired an early internet search brought up the show as something airing alongside it in the US, and I wanted to see it as well (not that I hated the Gundam Wing double bill we had at the time...)
Yu Yu Hakusho was released oh so long ago, back when MVM was FUNi's best girl releasing for them in the UK (They get around) not sure if they ever completed it though.

Back