MCM London Comic Con May 2017 --NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS--

I already own the OOP Wolf's Rain Complete Collection from Beez.
Unless the Blu Ray has a good looking CE am sticking with my OOP Wolf's Rain.

Also No The Big O, Planetes and My Hime re-release :'(

Already have the Beez deluxe version and the US version (well, it's shipped according to Amazon at least) so not likely to triple dip on Wolf's Rain even though it's good and deserves a rerelease. I could go for Hyouka and nice pictures of the set could persuade me on Erased (I definitely need to own it, been picking the JP edition up and putting it down again each time I see it).

R

I'll definitely be picking up the Hyouka collector's editions. I've never bought Wolf's Rain previously, so I could probably be tempted by that.

Erased is a much better price point now. If it comes down to the £30 mark on amazon (or an AL early bird), then I'd jump.

Very existed for Filp Flappers UK release but at the same time am sad there's no Non Non Biyori, Kare Kano or Aria Series announcement
Besides from Flip Flappers and maybe Fruits Basket on Blu Ran I have no interest of buying those shows.

So, no Nichijou UK release announcement from Anime Limited :(.
Might check out Hyouka (since it's from Kyoto Animation); also hoping Crunchyroll might get the subbed version.

Although it may initially seem disappointing, AL announced a metric ton of stuff last MCM and only a fraction of it has come out, so for them to licence another huge load of shows again would probably be a little much for them. I'll pick up Hyouka if it doesn't go on CR first.

I have questions about that VICELAND deal. (Not that it particularly matters since I own Tokyo Ghoul and Eureka 7.)

Does it preclude streaming on alternate platforms for a time after the VICELAND airing? Is there the potential for new titles and/or simulcasts to be held back so VICELAND can have them instead? Will there be more Anime coverage on Vice's site as a result?

Or to be more succinct, will we need to find another £7 a month for NOW TV in order to truly access All of the Anime? :)

Happy to see Wolf's Rain, I got the US edition in the Glitch sale but I might just keep it and sell it eventually to pay for the AL release.

I still have have the old Bezz release of Wolf's Rain.
RWOjNuC.jpg

I hope AL continues to being more Bezz Entertainment titles such as Witch Hunter Robin, .hack sign, My Hime and Planetes.

What a disappointing panel. I'm particularly gutted that Gosick didn't get picked up given that it's got a new dub and is superior to Wolfs Rain. Looks like I will import Grimgar and Gosick. MVM won comic con

What a disappointing panel. I'm particularly gutted that Gosick didn't get picked up given that it's got a new dub and is superior to Wolfs Rain. Looks like I will import Grimgar and Gosick. MVM won comic con

Yeah, nothing I wanted licensed, was announced this time. Sure, I'm aware of the Flip Flappers hype, and I wouldn't mind better BD transfers for Fruits Basket and Wolf's Rain, but yeah, I'm thinking about a Region A player again, which I thought was a possibility I'd put behind me a couple of years ago.

Any plans to release Evangelion 2.22 and 3.33? Anime Limited don't currently have rights to those films, but they would like to if possible.

Not sure if it was touched on, but surely we should be asking for the original series rather than re-releases of perfectly good Blu-Rays. It's been 2 years since the HD remasters/Japanese Blu-Ray release - surely surely surely they'll put it up for licence outside of Japan soon?

Then again, it's been 5 1/2 years and counting for Future Boy Conan... :mad::(

Not sure if it was touched on, but surely we should be asking for the original series rather than re-releases of perfectly good Blu-Rays. It's been 2 years since the HD remasters/Japanese Blu-Ray release - surely surely surely they'll put it up for licence outside of Japan soon?

Rumour was legal difficulties, then rumour was they were waiting until 3.33+1.11 had been released to even consider the original series. Don't get your hopes up about it appearing any time soon.

Not sure how credible it is, but apparently, from what I've heard, they're holding back until all the rebuilds are out.

Would be nice to see if AL can replicate the old Beez Book of the Moon edition for their blu ray release of Wolfs Rain, even if they can't clear the soundtrack this time.

Last edited:
Rumour was legal difficulties, then rumour was they were waiting until 3.33+1.11 had been released to even consider the original series. Don't get your hopes up about it appearing any time soon.

Not sure how credible it is, but apparently, from what I've heard, they're holding back until all the rebuilds are out.

Seems silly to me. It would be understandable if the rebuilds were coming out at the pace of Star Wars films, but it would make more sense from a business standpoint to build the brand and sustain enthusiasm by releasing the original series during one of the gaps between films than to wait until they finish. Do they really think that releasing it now would cannibalise box office/sales of a film that doesn't even have a Japanese release date? Why wouldn't they want to recoup the investment they made into restoring/remastering? Speaking rhetorically, of course, as I know that no one here (perhaps outside of insiders) would be able to answer but it just seems counter-intuitive to me.

Back