UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Honestly as much as I am looking forward to the UK release of Belladonna I am quite curious to know how the BBFC will think of it. Considering it's technically a hentai in some sense, but mostly an adult/mature anime film.
Unless it's purpose is for erotic stimulation, it will probably be fine. In fact, I might be wrong, but I think it may have already passed?

Edit: No, I'm wrong as usual.

hyouka_06_01.jpg

(Originally posted in Funimation Thread; deleted and reposted here due to more relevance).

I'm curious too. What could have possibly happened at SLA to scare her and/or KyoAni that much?

Unless it's purpose is for erotic stimulation, it will probably be fine. In fact, I might be wrong, but I think it may have already passed?

Edit: No, I'm wrong as usual.

I'm curious too. What could have possibly happened at SLA to scare her and/or KyoAni that much?

Dont be surprised to see her packing pepper spray and a Taser

Nothing, although one rude fan did record the whole thing on his iPad (which is really rude when asked beforehand to not at the request of the studio). It's just us being safe as last time the K-On committee sprang those rules on us at the very last minute for K-ON which makes it harder to enforce and if it's their request we understand and respect it.

Also worth keeping in mind there's a large interest in her as a director and a person in Japan so in a large part at least back for K-On it was about keeping her safe there more than about us. One person was so obsessed with meeting Yamada-san he came all the way from Japan just for the screening last time for example!

This time we have been OK'd to have a professional in to do some shots etc so folks will be able to access something though :).

AP

Nothing, although one rude fan did record the whole thing on his iPad (which is really rude when asked beforehand to not at the request of the studio). It's just us being safe as last time the K-On committee sprang those rules on us at the very last minute for K-ON which makes it harder to enforce and if it's their request we understand and respect it.

Wasn't someone watching fansubs on their laptop during one of the screenings?

The ERASED Conspiracy continues it has now vanished off Madmans website
It was never on there? It was on their B2B portal and has indeed vanished from there, but this happens if they changed the release date because it only displays releases within the next few months (anything further ahead is inaccessible, even if you know the release ID).

Wasn't someone watching fansubs on their laptop during one of the screenings?
That was SLA 2016's A Silent Voice screening, right in front of Miles from Crunchyroll.
Srsly? Who would do that and why?

It was never on there? It was on their B2B portal and has indeed vanished from there, but this happens if they changed the release date because it only displays releases within the next few months (anything further ahead is inaccessible, even if you know the release ID).

Srsly? Who would do that and why?
Yes therefore as it is not April or May it has been delayed at least 2 months. So Hmm as ALs use madmans discs it affect them too

Compilation in three films of the 43 episodes of the original series, Mobile Suit Gundam (also called Gundam 0079)
We are proud to present you the only edition in the world to have the 5.1 and the 2.0 with subtle differences in the subtitles.
A collector's edition with an illustration by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu, chara-designer of the first hour of the sage of legend.

From AL France looks like we are having both audio tracks ahhh

Compilation in three films of the 43 episodes of the original series, Mobile Suit Gundam (also called Gundam 0079)
We are proud to present you the only edition in the world to have the 5.1 and the 2.0 with subtle differences in the subtitles.
A collector's edition with an illustration by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu, chara-designer of the first hour of the sage of legend.

From AL France looks like we are having both audio tracks ahhh

Ooo! Now they've got my full attention!

It's just us being safe as last time the K-On committee sprang those rules on us at the very last minute for K-ON which makes it harder to enforce and if it's their request we understand and respect it.

Andrew, I asked on twitter, but I think it got missed, are we allowed to take written notes at the Q&A?

Back