What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

!! I NEED A POSTER FRAME STAT !!
3VvpHbI.jpg

Those who watch my YouTube channel will know I have a very guilty pleasure soft spot for this god awful tastless garbage OVA from the early 90s named Mad Bull 34. Well normally when I browse YJA for Mad Bull 34 stuff I tend to only see the VHS volumes and the Manga available. But about 3 weeks ago I saw this thing and my jaw hit the floor.

When it comes to buying Anime posters I like to get those that advertise the Anime releases in Japan and that is what this is. An original poster that would have hung in Video stores in Japan advertising the upcoming release of the first of four episodes for the Mad Bull 34 OVA series named Hit and Rape (as I said this is not classy stuff) which might even be in Comic Sans just for extra joy.

The info box reveals the release date of 21/12/1990, along with the running time and the price of 11000y!! man the Japanese fans have always been ripped off haven't they. Paying that much just for 1 episode of this brings tears of laughter and sadness to my eyes. We can also see the VHS logo on there which warms the cockles of my heart lol.

I'm so f**king happy to own this, it's a full movie size poster at 60cm x 84cm.

I also got a holy grail soundtrack in the same order but I'll share that tomorrow.​

hxxdpwB.jpg

Ordered Season 1 of Dragonball Z Kai (Episodes 1-26) from CeX and they sent me a copy of Funimation's Part 1, which has half the amount of episodes. Now because of their cock up, I'll likely have to hike all the way to the post office to send it back. What an absolute pain.

Askeladd is the GOAT. I know quite a few people who didn't like the direction the series took, from book 5. I personally, like the change in tone.
Oh, I have nothing against Vinland Saga; uneven spines just drive me crazy and volume 5 seemed to be the worst offender of the lot.

Received this week. First of is Berserk which came through Zavvi, again in a regular bubble envelop, hence the small bends on the top of the case.

1k0.jpg

Then i finally received my first order in the TRSI December sale. Ordered it back on December 10th, but the first order went AWOL. So after some communication and filing in a claims form a replacement order was send by TRSI.
Received a notice on Wednesday which puzzled me a bit as the custom charge was only half of what i paid for the second TRSI sale order, although the order amount was about the same. So on Thursday i picked up the package, large box actually, in the post office and low and behold all 18 titles were in the order, so i'm happy with the very low customs charge i had to pay for this order :)

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

If you now excuse me, have some anime to watch ;)

Received this week. First of is Berserk which came through Zavvi, again in a regular bubble envelop, hence the small bends on the top of the case.

1k0.jpg

Then i finally received my first order in the TRSI December sale. Ordered it back on December 10th, but the first order went AWOL. So after some communication and filing in a claims form a replacement order was send by TRSI.
Received a notice on Wednesday which puzzled me a bit as the custom charge was only half of what i paid for the second TRSI sale order, although the order amount was about the same. So on Thursday i picked up the package, large box actually, in the post office and low and behold all 18 titles were in the order, so i'm happy with the very low customs charge i had to pay for this order :)

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

If you now excuse me, have some anime to watch ;)
I'm totes jealous that you have Papakiki. I need to import it at some point so I can enjoy suffering through it again.

Got the Gurren Lagann CE, I sold my UE right after the announcement as I was never really a fan of that set. This is a huge improvement! Especially since it has Amaray cases! A change I wish Anime Limited would always do going forward even though I suspect they won't.

The Artbook is different and while obviously smaller (size and page count) I actually think I prefer it. I don't definitely remember but I don't believe the artwork in it was in the UE version.

FMEj36th.jpg

N2gFOQch.jpg

ObekS6Ol.jpg
Sg6Xauvl.jpg

Back