The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Otaku were always very much legitimate back when I used them and Alex was the boss. I haven't really heard anything from them in ages though, and I believe they switched owners at least once. They should just drop the merchandise category entirely but Tokyo Toys sponsor NEO and MCM so it's all terribly incestuous and mutually beneficial.

R

Dunno how many people here read Viz's Shonen Jump, but today only (Jan 30) you can get a year subscription for $9.99 (use code SJDVDBR16 for an additional $5 off).

I suspect not, but their poor reputation for customer service and the fact their entire business is based around behaviour of questionable legality, leads me not to use them, unless exceptional circumstances arise.

I think there's a store called Otaku.co.uk, who occasionally post here, but I couldn't comment on their legitimacy.
I've used both! Admittedly they exist as a stable last resort for when there are no other means for importing a title in the timescale one would like, but they've always been upstanding as far as their inventory goes.

Genuine question: How long are high YOI sales figures going to be considered news?

Pretty sure the Osomatsu-san figures were newsworthy until around volume 6 when people started getting bored of being happy about the weirdness of it all. At the very least the next volume is one to watch as its bonus items are regarded as less compelling.

On most forums the weekly sales figures are newsworthy irrespective of which shows are on top, since they provide such an interesting view of Japanese audience reception and give the first clues about which shows are likely to continue on and receive sequels.

R

Pretty sure the Osomatsu-san figures were newsworthy until around volume 6 when people started getting bored of being happy about the weirdness of it all. At the very least the next volume is one to watch as its bonus items are regarded as less compelling.

On most forums the weekly sales figures are newsworthy irrespective of which shows are on top, since they provide such an interesting view of Japanese audience reception and give the first clues about which shows are likely to continue on and receive sequels.

R

He wasn't posting the sales figures for all anime though, he was posting it for YOI. Most people can gather that if it sold well at the start, it will continuing selling well though to the end, with slight drops offs each volume. That's not really news worthy. At least post the whole list, not just one show everyone knows is selling well anyway.

He wasn't posting the sales figures for all anime though, he was posting it for YOI. Most people can gather that if it sold well at the start, it will continuing selling well though to the end, with slight drops offs each volume. That's not really news worthy. At least post the whole list, not just one show everyone knows is selling well anyway.

So me posting the success of a show am I glad is successful isnt news cos you think "We all know its gonna sell well". Im sure news doesnt work that way

Back