US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

If you tried it on a PlayStation then it's geolocked.

EMaHOz5.gif

Working out which Sentai BD is region free is actually more complicated now. The Sentai discs are geolocked and a majority of the players are set to United States. All current consoles are geolocked as well.

The fact it works on my BD player is what makes it A/B. Chuunibyou doesn't work at all on that player, for example, despite it being Region Free, yet works on my PS4, so the fact that it works on both my BD Player when set to Region B as well as Region A and my PS4 makes it A/B.

The fact it works on my BD player is what makes it A/B. Chuunibyou doesn't work at all on that player, for example, despite it being Region Free, yet works on my PS4, so the fact that it works on both my BD Player when set to Region B as well as Region A and my PS4 makes it A/B.

Fair enough.

EMaHOz5.gif

Quickie DVD update:

The postie delivered a shiny new copy of Discotek's Gun Frontier collection today. And, predictably, it works in my region 2 players.

HOWEVER - two things of note:

1. Picture quality on this release is quite poor. It has a soapy, ill-defined quality that comes as a real let down considering how good Discotek usually are at sourcing high quality transfers. DVD should look better than this, thse days.

2. It's worth noting that Discotek have been making noises on Facebook about licensors demanding that their Blu Rays, at least, be region locked. I wonder if this will eventually affect their DVD releases?

2. It's worth noting that Discotek have been making noises on Facebook about licensors demanding that their Blu Rays, at least, be region locked. I wonder if this will eventually affect their DVD releases?
I don't think the DVD sets will be an issue for Discotek, and the main reason I say this is because they mainly acquire titles that Japanese licensors wouldn't worry about. They're either too old to be concerned with, or a Blu-ray version exists somewhere.

But if it does become an issue, then it's best to keep it quiet. ;)

I don't think the DVD sets will be an issue for Discotek, and the main reason I say this is because they mainly acquire titles that Japanese licensors wouldn't worry about. They're either too old to be concerned with, or a Blu-ray version exists somewhere.

But if it does become an issue, then it's best to keep it quiet. ;)

Quickie DVD update:

The postie delivered a shiny new copy of Discotek's Gun Frontier collection today. And, predictably, it works in my region 2 players.

HOWEVER - two things of note:

1. Picture quality on this release is quite poor. It has a soapy, ill-defined quality that comes as a real let down considering how good Discotek usually are at sourcing high quality transfers. DVD should look better than this, thse days.

can you give me examples of said Noises ? and are they looking to fix it or are all there blu rays going to be region locked ?

regardless how are Funi these days with regards to there blu rays being region locked ? might look at getting speed racer in the future ....

the Note there about appleseed failing to Bypass dos that include the new Disc pressing ?

can you give me examples of said Noises ? and are they looking to fix it or are all there blu rays going to be region locked ?

regardless how are Funi these days with regards to there blu rays being region locked ? might look at getting speed racer in the future ....

the Note there about appleseed failing to Bypass dos that include the new Disc pressing ?

All of their Blu-rays (aside from Night on the Galactic Railroad due to a glitch) is region locked.

As for Appleseed I don't know about their re-release, it is possible that it could have gotten a re-author (as Children Who Chase Lost Voices did) but best to ask around and see if they have tested it.

well appleseed did recevie an updated Encode going off of this - http://www.fandompost.com/2015/08/25/appleseed-sentai-selects-blu-ray-anime-review/

what have discotek said about there blu ray relases ( facebook noises ) ?

wondering what funimation are like with there titles these days ?

thanks for Taking the time to put together this list especily with all the old legacy titles this is going to be quite helpful :)

that reminds me tho is there a List anywere of old english EU/UK anime titles that are Regions 2 and 4 ? i know thats probbly not relly any use to anyone around here but would be intresting and Useful to me at atleast

Back