UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Ergo Proxy and Berserk are definitive buys, but for Ergo Proxy i'm gone hold off to see what FUNimation and MVM actually will add to the releases other than the discs.

Already own the upscaled FUNimation release of Chobits.

I've been holding off on rewatching Ergo Proxy for some time in the hope that a BD would appear, looks like I'll be watching it over xmas.

I'll also get Chobits either on release or soon after, it's been ages since I've seen it and it's Clamp so it's well worth rewatching.

Berserk can wait a bit, between the series and the movies I've seen the story quite a bit already. I'll get it at some point, just not immediately.

I'll be waiting to see what Funi does with it but I will 100% be upgrading my Ergo Proxy DVDs to BD.

I'll most likely pick up Berserk.

Can't say I know much about Chobits but it doesn't look like something I would like (not that appearances always tell the full story...), so I'm unlikely to buy that.

Unsure what to do with my Geneon Blu-ray set of Ergo Proxy now...

Might pick it up anyway to see what it's like with subs, as the other set lacks them (though I remember the dub being pretty good).

Unsure what to do with my Geneon Blu-ray set of Ergo Proxy now...

Might pick it up anyway to see what it's like with subs, as the other set lacks them (though I remember the dub being pretty good).
The Japanese set goes for crazy amounts of money, just sell it :p

Not interested in any of these myself but seeing Berserk on BD in the UK is cool.

Release updates from MVM on Twitter.

Nobunaga the Fool - 17 October
Photo Kano - 7 November
Sakura Trick - 5 December

All three are on both BluRay and DVD.

I think Nobunaga is a new licence announcement, iirc Photo and Sakura have been announced previously. I have to be honest, I never expected Nobunaga to be released over here. It's an okay series but nothing special imo.

Can't say I know much about Chobits but it doesn't look like something I would like (not that appearances always tell the full story...), so I'm unlikely to buy that.
To put matters into a nutshell, as is ever the wont of the modern forumite, appearances very much tell the story when it comes to Chobits. The premise is there on the cover, and while there are further intricacies to discover, they are somewhat intimate...

I think Chobits is very much a product of it's time though and I'm not sure how well it stands up to those who don't have that element of nostalgia. I'd be interested to know what people who watch it for the first time now, think of it.

As it's only an upscale I think I'll have to see how much I can get it for on release & what else is on offer that month as I own mvm's DVD release already. I'll definitely pick it up sooner or later though.

Shame mvm didn't get moribito too. I bought that on dvd when it was mvm's dotw, watched 3 episodes and immediately imported the US Blu rays.

Back