Zen's Art

the invisible plane or the lasso? how do you draw an invisible plane after all.... kind of stuff that never made any sense to me...

chaos said:
the invisible plane or the lasso? how do you draw an invisible plane after all.... kind of stuff that never made any sense to me...
The lasso..... I'll invent a plane when I get to the colouring, which if you remember my recent Totally Spies contest entries, I do quite well :wink:

A couple of the pages from chapter 1 of my D&Dc fan-Manga, you get to see a bit of a transition here, from when I put a halt to everything and went on some serious practice, then came back:

Oh yah, no-one every saw Presto's mum in the TV series, so I had to make her up here. :wink:

Was just reading threw and you are definately getting better. Some awesome view points too. Looking pro. Is this just a hobbie an all?

Voddas said:
Was just reading threw and you are definitely getting better. Some awesome view points too. Looking pro. Is this just a hobby an all?
Yeh it's a hobby, but going pro would be nice, just need to get things sorted and a lot more practice... I definitely need to work on my shading!!

Just bought a tablet this week, so that'll help speed up my computer coloured comics and anything else that I use the computer to colour in!

Although your art is as awesome as ever, I just can't help but notice those two maids look out of place and look more like anime chicks than someone in the D&D universe. lol.

Lupus Inu said:
Although your art is as awesome as ever, I just can't help but notice those two maids look out of place and look more like anime chicks than someone in the D&D universe. lol.
Lol, it's not the D&D universe yet, in this chapter D&D does not exist :D This is still the higher plains of California, Eric is a rich kid, living in a rich kids mansion, with a butler and plenty of maids.

Chapter 2, is where D&D begins!! :wink:

Oh and it won't be known, but the first maid is a cameo from a production I am currently doing called 'Demon Slayer' 8)

Deidara said:
Wow, that canyon loooking wallpaper really impressed me o_O... a nice attention to shadows and shading!
Thanks, you may not remember(those of us who still watch the show would probably not guess either though), at the end of the intro sequence, it fades into the fire breathing dragon head from this image:

DVD070.jpg

I had to end it on the same image(look at the centre for the image above), but of course, I'm me, so I went a little bit further and had to make up the surrounding plain. Which I must say, I am not trained in landscape drawing, I did some sketch-work whilst at Uni, but I never did anything like this, so I was quite impressed with myself in creating this plain based upon that image!

Zentron said:
Voddas said:
Was just reading threw and you are definitely getting better. Some awesome view points too. Looking pro. Is this just a hobby an all?
Yeh it's a hobby, but going pro would be nice, just need to get things sorted and a lot more practice... I definitely need to work on my shading!!

Just bought a tablet this week, so that'll help speed up my computer coloured comics and anything else that I use the computer to colour in!

I think your shading is brilliant. Practice is always the key, especially if planning going pro. I can tell you are definately on your way like. PC drawings are gonna be the way forward me thinks. I'm saving for a tablet but at the moment I'm settling with a mouse. Here's a few of my first pictures. still... nothing beats a pencil to paper. ^___^

Voddas said:
I think your shading is brilliant. Practice is always the key, especially if planning going pro. I can tell you are definately on your way like. PC drawings are gonna be the way forward me thinks. I'm saving for a tablet but at the moment I'm settling with a mouse. Here's a few of my first pictures. still... nothing beats a pencil to paper. ^___^
I love pencil and paper, I feel more in control, but anything that I plan to colour using my computer, I will draw using my tablet.... when it arrives :lol: Though other than that, I will continue with pencil!

Voddas said:
Nice. Good luck with the tablet and I look forward to seeing more. ^^
Thanks. I do have a load of other stuff, but that's not allowed :oops: :roll:

*EDIT*

*Woot woot* tablet came today whilst I was out at work...typical, but I obviously have no idea on how to work it, so I will have to start practicing tonight!

Hmm, June..... 'tis been a while since I last came and did something around here! Best get cracking:

Totally Beach Spies - Second Day *WARNING* Contains tasteful semi-nudity

Back