• yes they exist(reason why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no it's illogical(reason why)

• Insufficent evidence to decide at this time

• Total voters
thekendyman said:
How Can People not believe in Ghosts Poltergists & Demons.

The Way i See it is if people can blindly follow religion & How can they then go & say that they don't believe in this stuff cause they've never seen it. Its hypocritical, as they have never seen God, Buddah, Ala, Zeus, etc. yet they believe in them

I dunno really. I mean, i consider myself fairly religious - i havent subscribed to a specific god or faith as such, i just believe that theres more to life than just being born and dying. (and following the misguided notion that there is a reward for being good in this world!) One of my friends is very religious and she believes in spirits and demons - possessions especially as she claims to have seem some.

I think on the part of those who are religious but dont believe - its more a case of "its not in the book therefore its not real" - following the dogma to the letter. I'm not tip top on my bible studies but does it ever mention ghosts? Angels sure but ghosts? Demons maybe - we're all sinful and deserve to punished etc etc but once you go to heaven thats it - no return trips to reassure family members that there really is something up there! :D

Besides once you die you go to heaven, hell or purgatory - the idea that you go anywhere else goes against God's whole omnipresence, omnipotent omniomni thang. Unless God left you on the earth for some reason. But then we get into cheesy Hollywood flicks with that territory. Anyways thats just Christianity, i dunno what the other faiths say about the matter.

I say yes ghosts do exist, but that's because i've seen them and can usually feel their presence.

Not that anyone ever believes me, but i make it a habbit not to force my beliefs on others.

Voted No, if they did, surely we would of had evidence of one by now, how many years has man been on this planet? That and half of it (sorry if I offend anyone) is religous crap.

Roadie said:
Voted No, if they did, surely we would of had evidence of one by now, how many years has man been on this planet? That and half of it (sorry if I offend anyone) is religous crap.

same goes the other way, how come there's no evidence to disprove it?

Dont believe in any of the crap. Reason why: You die end of. No after life no rebirth no im a magical pixey that flys around granting life again. hope this helps some of toy :p

But seriously the hope that there is an afterlife & Spiritual presence has existed through religion throughout history, Each religion has beliefs that there is an afterlife, & have been noted to have demons or bad spirits mentioned in religious references. There has to be some truth to it.

Aye, there are common themes throughout religions. I'm not gonna bother going into them (mainly because right now i can't think of a bloody thing right now lol) but the themes of spirits and demons are universal around the globe.

Oo i remember one - the dragon. I remember seeing a documentary about them a while back stating that nearly all faiths and cultures have a dragon figure in them. Make of it what you will, proof of dragons or a universal genetic fear of large scaly things.

Although there's no proof; I'd like to think ghosts exists. Mainly because I think about all the other stuff there is, the universe..the fact we're on a huge rock floating in black space and we're always on the ground because of 'gravity', and how amazing the human body is, etc etc etc, if I think about that, ghosts don't even sound too farfetched (sp?) at all. Plus, all the stories you hear.

To be honest im not really sure about ghosts n stuff. Something could excist but its highly unlikely.
Some of the clips on that youtube video were just pathetic... Like the 'DEMON' kid in the room, its so obvious it was just a kid and he had to turn the camera out of the room in order for the kid to move his spot. Also on some of the 'i caught this guy when i was recording' most of the clips should be called 'i caught this guy when i was recording this random tree outside my house for no aparent reason'

I couldn't really say i believe in any of it at the moment since i haven't got enough proof to do so. I have never seen a ghost before in my life, and i probably never will since i don't really want to see them.
As for afterlife's and such, again i can't be sure, in a way i always thought that some teachings like you're good = heaven, you're bad = hell, is wrong in a sense that i would have thought both are on the same plane of existance if they do actually exist.

The shows on television regarding sightings/paranormal experiences alwys grab my attention.

There was one where two guys visited a supposedly 'haunted' old hotel which was considerably far from the bulk of the main town.
Once taking photographs and recording video there, they ended having them both developed, only to reveal a ghoul/ghost thing with a skull, and what looked like a gown.
Apparently, it was analysed by professionals, and he said it's either the real deal, or it was done with a photograph manipulation technique that he wasn't acquainted with.

That kind of stuff just makes sends your beliefs in both directions, as who the hell else is more credible to debunk a sighting/hoax than a professional?

I'm not talking about that 'Most Haunted' show btw; that's a load of **** in my book.

Its just a shame that shows like that are few and far between on tv now, they are occisonaly on one of the documentry channels but that's it. Still fair point about most haunted, given the reactions they make when they think they hear a noise i wonder what would happen if they actually saw something :lol:

A while back (2003 i think) there was a story in the newspapers about how a set of CCTV cameras caught a ghost on camera, does anyone know if they managed to explain away somehow?

BlackWolf said:
Its just a shame that shows like that are few and far between on tv now, they are occisonaly on one of the documentry channels but that's it. Still fair point about most haunted, given the reactions they make when they think they hear a noise i wonder what would happen if they actually saw something :lol:

A while back (2003 i think) there was a story in the newspapers about how a set of CCTV cameras caught a ghost on camera, does anyone know if they managed to explain away somehow?

Wasn't proven or disproven i think.

was that the american one with something circling over a car park? i think that one was disporven. but the one over here where that white figure flashed up on a 1 frame per 3 second camera then i don't think anything has happened with that yet

MTW said:
BlackWolf said:

There's also the one with the white figure flashing by a grave on a most haunted live taping they they haven't disproved either

Ryo Chan said:
MTW said:
BlackWolf said:

There's also the one with the white figure flashing by a grave on a most haunted live taping they they haven't disproved either

Thats most haunted chances are it's a wet fart :p

MTW said:
Ryo Chan said:
MTW said:
BlackWolf said:

come again?

Ryo Chan said:
MTW said:
Ryo Chan said:
MTW said:
BlackWolf said:

come again?

Just saying most haunted a lot of it is hard to believe but i suppose they are going to haunted places so there must be some truth in some of it.

Back