• no it's illogical(reason why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Insufficent evidence to decide at this time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gacha

Stand User
Paranormal
The idea is basically after death the spirit will live on going on to a better place or remain on earth maybe due to anguish something left to do or the fact they can't accept there death.

Death and early man
All through out human existence we have believed that the dead are never really dead,Cave men buried there dead as a mark of respect maybe to let them rest in peace i have no idea it has also been notice that certain animals have been documented to do this as well(i read somewhere I'll find a source later).

Communications of ghosts
Spirit mediums channelers communicators etc have sprung up all through history whenever these are frauds people good at reading peoples reactions fakes or there really doing it(Derek auroucha(spelt wrong) is a famous name usually for his dramatic performance(though to be honest he seems to be captialising on this).
A spirit medium is the middle man speaking for the dead from the other side whilst a channeler is to allow the spirit to take over the body of the recipient.

Ghost related activity
Orbs to possessions people who report to have seen ghosts often report a chill in the air cameras to cut out,head aches etc .I'm not sure why I'll look it up soon but these are the numerous side effects reported.
Orbs are manifestations of ghosts but can often but put down to dust flies or bad film or camera flare.
Possessions are the forced take over of a spirit of a host body.

An interesting theory
An interesting theory is that ghosts are like film these cannot respond to human reaction but are the last moments and thoughts of a living human being are recorded as such and played back thus are whats known as a paranormal experience.
Of course another theory is that you go back in time temporarily and view these people in there own time zone.

White noise
This is a radio frequency this is the frequency that ghosts are believed to operate on pointing a camera at a tv is believed to bring about a sort of portal to a spirit dimension(special name for it)

Summary
Now the questions are ghosts merely something dreamed up by a society which is scared of the unknown or is this real(there is a lot of convincing stuff).?

Links:
http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/
http://www.angelsghosts.com/famous_real ... tures.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deoJUBW9CI8

1.(Do not watch if easily scared and alone or look at the pictures but remember theses are just photos and a lot of them can be disproven.)
2.(I have tried to write an unbiased summary of the origins of ghosts theories and a lot of information is missing)
3.(some of this may seem assured to you and i sure as hell don't believe some of it but some stuff as produced good arguments and evidence which at least must be considered)

I'm sitting on the fence with this, i've seen plently of stuff on tv and the internet trying to prove and disprove the exsitince of ghosts. Everytime i get presented with something i think can't be proven the sceptics go and blow it out of the water. Though in truth i'm leaning more towards beliving in the fact that there is another side to our world that we can't see...sounds corny doesn't it :p but that's what i think everytime i see things like the bermuda triangle, the dragon's triangle, and ghosts.

Well whether traditional ghosts exist or not is still up in the air, but one thing I do know is that the idea of parralel universes and possible transfers of energy fom one to the next is very possible according to our knowledge of physics(which admittadly in itself has a long way to go).

In fact there are many observed instances where a mass is giving of more energy thatn its taking in, giving credance to "other dimensions" and therefore perhaps ghosts.
Interesting stuff.
Lets just say dont discount it without doing some research first.:)

At this time we can only speculate and run on raw will power but if we prove that ghost really do exist what effect would this have on religion?
This could strengthen or destroy a religion since all religions run on some idea of an afterlife.
Should humanity seek to learn of an afterlife?
Of course we can put all this in reverse and could humanity cope if there is no afterlife?

BlackWolf said:
I'm sitting on the fence with this, i've seen plently of stuff on tv and the internet trying to prove and disprove the exsitince of ghosts. Everytime i get presented with something i think can't be proven the sceptics go and blow it out of the water. Though in truth i'm leaning more towards beliving in the fact that there is another side to our world that we can't see...sounds corny doesn't it :p but that's what i think everytime i see things like the bermuda triangle, the dragon's triangle, and ghosts.

Pretty much what I wanted to say.

As soon as I seem to sway one way or the other, some evidence proving or shattering the possible existence comes my way, and well.. I don't even know.

It's more plausible than Jesus though. :p

Intresting, i hadn't thought about that aspect on it though it should of been obvious since i have a very reglious friend who downright denies the exstince of anything paranormal be it ghosts or the idea of life out there in the universe! If ghosts are proved real then its not disproving the idea of an afterlife, but religions will have a harder time if that is the case. Still the thought of there being nothing after we die is not worth thinking about :eek:

I'm reminded of a joke from Red Dwarf where Kyrten tells Lister that human heaven was made up to stop us all going crazy :lol:

MTW said:
At this time we can only speculate and run on raw will power but if we prove that ghost really do exist what effect would this have on religion?
This could strengthen or destroy a religion since all religions run on some idea of an afterlife.
Should humanity seek to learn of an afterlife?
Of course we can put all this in reverse and could humanity cope if there is no afterlife?

Well your right of course, and yes I think most of us could cope if we knew there was no afterlife, although I must say the idea really does hold weight when you look at the facts.
One of the laws of physics(again, according to our understanding of it) says energy can neither be created or destroyed, merely change form, meaning physics backs the idea of life after death, and scientists are starting to look at this seriously after the discovery that part of the atoms in the brain that are responsible for conciousness merely break down to a simpler form at the plank level after death but do indeed go on existing.

A lot of intersting revelations to come Im sure, but its fun to speculate.

BlackWolf said:
I'm reminded of a joke from Red Dwarf where Kyrten tells Lister that human heaven was made up to stop us all going crazy :lol:

Lol that was funny i remember that episode

Outlawstar said:
Well your right of course, and yes I think most of us could cope if we knew there was no afterlife, although I must say the idea really does hold weight when you look at the facts.
One of the laws of physics(again, according to our understanding of it) says energy can neither be created or destroyed, merely change form, meaning physics backs the idea of life after death, and scientists are starting to look at this seriously after the discovery that part of the atoms in the brain that are responsible for conciousness merely break down to a simpler form at the plank level after death but do indeed go on existing.

But other than dogs and cats(which is doubtful) there haven't been any reported sightings of other animal spirits?
This could prove of disprove that animals have or don't have certain parts of the brain that we have if this is the case that would make us exceptional to the animal kingdom,or there would be ghost monkeys,snakes,penguins, hamsters etc
Could they head to the same afterlife as us?
Also if the energy is recycled then,then the afterlife would be the other side of this life.

Life --->death
death <---life
Reliving the same life over

MTW said:
BlackWolf said:

Outlawstar said:

But other than dogs and cats there haven't been any reported sightings of other animal spirits?
This could prove of disprove that animals have or don't have certain parts of the brain that we have if this is the case that would make us exceptional to the animal kingdom,or there would be ghost monkeys,snakes,penguins, hamsters etc

Well believe me when I say we ARE unique in the animal kingdom.
All beings on this planet can be related to each other through their genes, including humans, BUT, there are many genes in humans that are NOT ANYWHERE in the animal kingdom, proving the possibility that our origins are not of this world.

Outlawstar said:
MTW said:
BlackWolf said:

Outlawstar said:

But other than dogs and cats there haven't been any reported sightings of other animal spirits?

All beings on this planet can be related to each other through their genes, including humans, BUT, there are many genes in humans that are NOT ANYWHERE in the animal kingdom, proving the possibility that our origins are not of this world.

That would make us the parasite of the planet then?

Outlawstar said:

When you say that our origins are not of this world are you talking about extra terristial interfence or about how some scientists believe that their was a meteor that crashed into the earth that carried some matrial on it that kick started our evolution? Or are you talking about us being created by god as most reglions dictate.

MTW said:
Life --->death
death <---life

Isn't that the same as reincarnation in a way?

BlackWolf said:
Outlawstar said:

When you say that our origins are not of this world are you talking about extra terristial interfence or about how some scientists believe that their was a meteor that crashed into the earth that carried some matrial on it that kick started our evolution? Or are you talking about us being created by god as most reglions dictate.

MTW said:
Life --->death
death <---life

Isn't that the same as reincarnation in a way?

Well I personally could go on forever about this but both the points you say are quite viable, and yes I am talking about the possibility of extraterrestrial origin, however an arguemant over the viability of aliens is something I really dont want.:)
It could go on forever.

MTW said:
True this is views on ghost not orgins of humanity for now :)

Good point so back to topic then...

Out of the subject matter dealing with this side of the paranormal the one that got my attention most was Poltergiest activity (and not because of the movies :p ) as it shown that ghosts might be doing more then just standing around waiting for their picture to be taken. I aslo liked to see if they could be explained or not by scientitsts and the like, the strangest explaination about poltergiests i've heard was that a boy had telekinesis!

BlackWolf said:
MTW said:

Out of the subject matter dealing with this side of the paranormal the one that got my attention most was Poltergiest activity (and not because of the movies :p ) as it shown that ghosts might be doing more then just standing around waiting for their picture to be taken. I aslo liked to see if they could be explained or not by scientitsts and the like, the strangest explaination about poltergiests i've heard was that a boy had telekinesis!

Teenage testosterone building up and causing objects to move seem viable as well.
Ah well i'm of for the night sleep well :)

BlackWolf said:
MTW said:

Telekinesis is an interesting one for sure.
Although it would be much easier to prove if someone just came up to you and started moving things around.:)

Actually there is evidence for the distinct possibility of humans possesing the ability to transfer planc level energy from bioelectric sources in the body to other objects so who knows.

Personally Ill go with the testosterone theory. lmao

How Can People not believe in Ghosts Poltergists & Demons.

The Way i See it is if people can blindly follow religion & How can they then go & say that they don't believe in this stuff cause they've never seen it. Its hypocritical, as they have never seen God, Buddah, Ala, Zeus, etc. yet they believe in them

Back