Your viewing journal

animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
I've just started watching Gurren Lagann again, mainly because I am planning to write an article for a comedy website I work for about comedy in foreign languages.
hope it works out

As do I. The article should be up some time next week or early the week after.

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
I've just started watching Gurren Lagann again, mainly because I am planning to write an article for a comedy website I work for about comedy in foreign languages.
hope it works out

this is going to sound corny and you've probably heard it in many animes before but (do your best)

I've started watching Noein ... not sure what to make of it just yet (I'm 3 episodes in). It seems to be all over the place. The action scenes are pretty cool though, I guess.

Also started on Galaxy Express 999 yesterday. It's very charming and old-school. I think I'm going to enjoy casually making my way through all 113 episodes.

animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
hope it works out

this is going to sound corny and you've probably heard it in many animes before but (do your best)

Well to paraphrase Gureen Lagann, I do not believe in myself, but in the you that believes in me. ^_^

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
hope it works out

Well to paraphrase Gureen Lagann, I do not believe in myself, but in the you that believes in me. ^_^
OMG i love that phrase thats a phrase that should be in history books its so good. as well as who the hell do you think i am

animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
good. as well as who the hell do you think i am

I plan to reference a few expressions from the anime in the article.
dont you wish they had a saga during the 7 years after the won at tempplin

It would have been interesting to see how difficult it was for the humans and beastmen to co-operate at the beginning. Perhaps we could have seen Viral's trial and enterting jail.

Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:

It would have been interesting to see how difficult it was for the humans and beastmen to co-operate at the beginning. Perhaps we could have seen Viral's trial and enterting jail.
i believe they rushed the series a bit

animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:
Ian Wolf said:
animefreak17 said:

i believe they rushed the series a bit

Perhaps they should had done more than one season. A trilogy maybe - First season in Simon's younger years, second in the middle as Simon tries to establish civilization on the surface, and the final one fighting against the anti-spirals.

ilmaestro said:
Genkina Hito said:
The Epic Tale of Rio - Rainbow Bridge.

Wow. This anime is bad.
But... it's designed to be bad. The question is were you entertained by the bad?

(This is assuming you meant "Rainbow Gate")

Yup, thanks for the correction. Rainbow Gate. It was so bad I totally forgot the name.

Designed to be bad? I know it's based on a pachinko game so they stuffed it full of fan-service rendering it z-grade anime but I didn't find it entertaining.

Anyway I've recently turned to Steins Gate.

Nichijou 6

Best comedic scene of the season this far - The principal's battle with the deer had me in hysterics, and Yuuko's reactions were priceless - but the consistency is still an issue. Up and down. Like a yo-yo.

Hanasku Iroha 6

Said this a few times, but I almost didn't watch this. That would have been a waste. Development has slowed and some plot-lines have taken a back seat all of a sudden, but the pace was never going to be a selling point anyway and the story remains enoyable.

Steins Gate is a good watch too - need to catch up on a few eps yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
SKET Dance ep 2 - Himeko :~ (warning: this may be my reaction to more than one episode of this show)

Beelzebub ep 7 - Wow, long time since I watched this. Aoi :~ Best character in the series.

Genkina Hito said:
Designed to be bad?
Well, this may shock you, but I'm fairly certain they knew they weren't creating the modern anime equivalent of The Wire or The Brothers Karamazov. :p

Vandread Season 2 Episodes 8 & 9

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence - Part rewatch - saw the dvd a few years ago, finally got round to watching the Region B Blu-Ray which I got last year. While it is good, I still don't think it is as good as the first film.

Astarotte's Toy episode 5 - I'm stuck on repeat now, there are many flaws and fanservice in it so far that I really should hate it but it counters that by being one of the most heart-warming and sweetest series in the season and it pretty much makes me forget most of those gripes.

I'm a bit worried in which direction it might go now but dropping it at the half way point is less likely now.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko episode 4 - With the adolescent point system explained, some great comedic and narrative moments; including Meme in a fridge.

I'm still enjoying the series as a whole.

Back