Your viewing journal

Knew they would rush through that arc in 3 eps with how much dilly-dallying there is before the actual events start, might as well watch it now. I wonder if they're going to do 4/4 for volumes 12 and 13 and not have any standalone eps... but I would expect seven total for the next arc, and one "other".

Dragon Crisis episode 4 - After my rant last episode, I was not expected the series to get better, well sadly from the get go we get a poor Index joke and a (typical and poor) beach trip which thankfully ends fairly quickly.

I think the only saving grace that the series might have is the introduction of English priest George Evans, with his unpredictability and comical moments (although mildly stupid at times), he becomes quite likeable in my view.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka episode 4 - Not really talked about this series because of how boring it can be, however this might be contender for best 4th episode this season.

The first half pretty much sums up who Hellscythe is and why she can't talk with some unexpected emotional build-up.

The second half isn't really explained but its a really well made action sequence which was choreographed prefectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reevothemusefan said:
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka episode 4 - Not really talked about this series because of how boring it can be, however this might be contender for best 4th episode this season.

The second half isn't really explained but its a really well made action sequence which was choreographed prefectly.

Boring?!? :O
How can it be boring? Stupid, yes. Hyperactive, yes. Unoriginal (intentionally?), yes.
But anything with that much random crazy stuff can't be boring... it may feel a bit "empty"(?) at times without any sense of purpose or meaning. It wasn't boring though :(

As for the comment on the 2nd half, spot on. It made no sense and wasn't explained... ah well.

Kirring? Seriously Stu? Since I'm in this thread, I watched the first Wandering Son episode last week. I liked it though I find their shiny heads quite annoying.

Aogu said:
How can it be boring? Stupid, yes. Hyperactive, yes. Unoriginal (intentionally?), yes.
But anything with that much random crazy stuff can't be boring... it may feel a bit "empty"(?) at times without any sense of purpose or meaning. It wasn't boring though :(

I think its because I can't remember those past three episodes and thus it became forgettable imo. Don't get me wrong, I understand your reasons but (to me) those episodes didn't spark any enjoyment out of me.

Still thanks to episode 4, i'm looking forward to the next :)

Aogu said:
Reevothemusefan said:

As for the comment on the 2nd half, spot on. It made no sense and wasn't explained... ah well.
Don't know entirely what you mean by this, but if you simply mean why did the whale thing appear and need fighting, it's a result of You losing control of her emotions when she was "talking" with Ayumu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairy Tail ep 64 - I guess this was a decent setup for the main fight in this arc. Kind of starting to drag a little now though, looking forward to the next arc.

KoreZom ep 4 - Crazy, emotional, hilarious, really enjoying this series. You was very ;_; in this ep.

Dragon Crisis ep 4 - Actual story! This has improved x10 at least since ep 1.

Level E ep 4 - Oh my days, does the trolling never end? Prince is top 10 favorite male character ever material. Biggest surprise hit with me in a while.

Only Yesterday on Film4

I had avoided watching this because it didn't sound that interesting. Gripped all the way through and very emotional at the end with the whole sequence during the credits.

10/10

mangaman74 said:
Xam'd: Lost Memories Episodes 24 - 26

mangaman: what's your overall take on the show if you'd be so kind? Am considering importing as the reviews and first episodes seem excellent but I suspect in classic BONES style it maybe gets a little rushed and confusing at the end (judging from the short topic on these forums).

Cowboy Bebop eps 1-3

Since it's a series widely regarded by many here I thought that I'd check it out, and I have to say it's just about everyone I love about 90's anime, great artstyle, kickass music, and some well defined characters, the only thing that's keeping me down is megavideo's damn limits :evil:

sic vita est said:
mangaman74 said:
Xam'd: Lost Memories Episodes 24 - 26

mangaman: what's your overall take on the show if you'd be so kind? Am considering importing as the reviews and first episodes seem excellent but I suspect in classic BONES style it maybe gets a little rushed and confusing at the end (judging from the short topic on these forums).

The first half is certainly better than the second. Overall I enjoyed the show. Out of 10 - probably somewhere between 7 and 8 (good but not great in other words).

Trying to keep up with current shows during Superbowl week... I don't even remember what I've watched and when. Fractale was ace again this week. GOSICK was a *lot* better than it has been.

Armored Trooper Votoms: Phantom Arc - Episodes 5 & 6

Another brilliant continuation to the Votoms Universe, it will be interesting to see how Takahashi ends it in Alone Again.

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episodes 36 - 39

While still very interesting, especially with the show's politics, Dougram is suffering a little bit of a mid show lull where nothing really big has happened in a few episodes to push the show on. Plus the artwork change somewhat from episode 37 as everyone stays on model more and looks really ripped now!

Back