Your viewing journal

Fairy Tail ep 32 - Sick. SIIIIIICCCKKKKK. Awesome episode, crazy fun to just mark out for a Super Saiyajin style power release once in a while. Lucy is really cool, thinking of her as the main character shouldn't be that massive a thing, but it gives this series its own flavor, imo.

Heroman ep 16 - Damn, this turned into a really fun series. It has advanced a little from its Saturday morning cartoon "purity", and Joey's sister is a nice sexy addition to the cast. Really looking forward to what they have for the next arc.

K-ON!! ep 15 - mmm, not the best episode of the season comedy wise, but some cool Mio moments. New OP is growing on me, and the ED animation as well.

Nurarihyon ep 3 - Still good. Still love youkai series.

Seitokai Yakuin-domo ep 3 - This show has got some seriously gentle comedy going on at times. There's a lot of "heh" moments where you kind of recognize that they made a funny joke, without it actually making you laugh. This is going to feel stretched to its breaking point well before 12 eps I would think.

UraBoku ep 15 - Eh, it's just kind of there on Crunchyroll so I might as well keep up with it. The "big twist" was somehow totally senseless and lacked build up, yet at the same time entirely too predictable and foreshadowed to bits. I don't even know how that's possible. People who want J.C.Staff to work on a better variety of shows are at serious risk of falling into the "be careful what you wish for" trap right now.

Orgun said:
Am so excited by Masami Obari directing the next Super Robot Wars Anime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excited to find this out myself (I don't really keep up with news much these days, so your post was the first I'd heard of it), I read a little more about the new SRW anime... and holy sheeeet am I looking forward to that now.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Ep 15-41
Still loving the series however I am suffering from a slight drop in quality in the story at the minute. Not that I haven't been enjoying it of course, just maybe not to the standard as it was earlier on. I'm not worried however as I know it'll pick up again.

Asobi ni Ikuyo: Bombshells from the Sky ep. 1 & 2
So, pick a random Crunchyroll show time. As we all know, most aliens take the form of cute young girls with big tits, tight-fitting clothing, lack of awareness of our customs and lots of high-tech alien stuff. Special bonus in this show: cat-ears and a tail.

This isn't actually as tragic as I thought it would be after watching the first five minutes. Mainly due to the introduction of multiple secretive group goofiness into the mix. I actually find it kind of charming in its own slightly trashy way and the art and animation seem okay.

6/10 - decent, but unlikely to continue it.

K-ON!! ep 16 - back to top form this ep, great concept for an episode and a much better mix of humor and cuteness.

Ookami-san ep 4 - This series is being a bit different to what I expected with the character focus, but it's still working, for me.

Amagami ep 4 - satisfying arc, gonna be hard for someone to jump ahead of Morishima in my rankings I suspect, although from what I've seen of the other girls if anyone was going to do it it would be Kaoru so looking forward to next week's ep.

Fairy Tail ep 38 - Just enjoying this more and more, think this must be approaching having the best collection of female characters in its genre. Erza just looking too awesome in her sarashi. Mixed messages being sent about Sieg and exactly what he's up to, two things it could "obviously" be, very intrigued to see how it comes out.

Mitsudomoe! ep 4 - As seems to be standard now, way more funny than it has any right to be. The triplets are each great in their own way. Surprise treasure of the season so far.

Heroman ep 17 - oooh,
looks pretty cool now, bit odd that next week's ep looks a bit "filler-ish". This show would probably have been a big hit when anime was actually watched by people, will be interesting to see how it does now.

My Bride is a Mermaid (Seto no Hanayome) 8-13

I didn't much like the Sun vs. Lunar battle that kicked off the second disc, but after that the show returned to its lolworthy best. There are so many great moments but I don't want to spoil any of them for those who haven't yet watched it. Needless to say, anyone who likes anime comedy should get themselves over to PlayUSA and order the first set. It's like Urusei Yatsura on steroids.

Speaking of UY, Kai is blatant Mendou rip off/homage. Both are (hopeless) rivals for the lead female's affection, both are obscenely rich, and both dress in white and carry a sword around. Mendou is afraid of the dark and enclosed spaces, while Kai is afraid of open spaces (leading, amusingly, to him wearing a space suit outside). And both make, uh, dramatic entrances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soul Eater Episodes 8 - 13 - Very good. The dream sequence during episode 12 where a demon asks Soul if he wants more power - kind of reminded me of the backwards talking dwarf sequences in Twin Peaks.

&

Sgt. Frog Episode 1

I had time over the weekend to catch up with Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn. 50 eps in 2 days not bad and had time to go out clubing last night lol.

Giant Killing ep 17 - love the trading cards, nice touch. atm obviously doesn't feel like a 26 ep series, hopefully it will run longer.

UraBoku ep 16 - wow, this show just feels loooooooong. The twists/secrets revealed were a mixture of interesting and predictable, and both in some ways, but really, they could have done it in half the time.

Maid-sama! ep 16 (yes, I'm behind) - Bikini maids. :S Is there a lot more you need? OK, so it was cool to have more Aoi also, and Usui stepping his game up to another level. I do wish they'd had Misaki hit him or *something* a little more though, as awesome as he is it's a little disappointing that he gets away with so much. She did a decent job of sending him on a guilt trip after she didn't go to the onsen, I guess.

Back