Your viewing journal

Last night I couldn't hold out any longer on not watching anime until I get some proper equipment to watch it, so I watched the first episode of two series on a 7" screen ^_^.

First up was When They Cry/Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
What can I say, what a wonderful way to get back into watching anime xD.

Then I watched the first episode of Texhnolyze which was incredibly different to anything else really. It had a slight Boogiepop Phantom/Lain feel to the way it all worked, can't wait to watch the rest of it.. whenever that will be.

Then I listened to Yuki Kajiura's album - Fiction, which blew my away. Powerful music, first time I've heard a Japanese voice doing a kind of opera bit in one of the songs - great stuff!

I should really write more, but I'm not into reviews really, words can't describe how I feel for anime haha. :p

I'm watching the rest of New Dominioin Tank Police tonight, then I'm gonna watch Millenium Actress tommorrow and get started on Cowboy Bebop too! Ah, I love the holidays! ^_^

Rewatched the first 9 episodes of Chobits, still love that anime.

Finished all of Kiba, very disappointing.

Watched various episodes of the anime I'm following - Doujin Work (a new anime about a girl trying to become a Doujin artist), Claymore, Naruto Shippuuden (which is fast becoming the slowest and worst anime ever), Kekkaishi, Hayate the Combat Butler and Lucky Star.

After running through the thrills and spills of the Death Note series in the last 2-3 weeks I thought I’d contrast that nicely with the fluff of Chobits.

This was one of the first shows that I had a peak at on Youtube nearly a year ago whilst I was still trying to get my head around what this whole anime thing was about. Could be why I have a slight soft spot for it perhaps – feel like I should know better at my age.

Made it on to Disc/Vol.5 (episode 20+ish) - it maybe pretty fluffy in parts (and occasionally irritating with the baby-like Chi), but I can’t deny a certain charm it possesses. Probably helped by the fact there is a reasonable story lurking just under the cute surface, particularly now the end is closing in and hopefully most of the filler has been dispensed with.
I’ll see what it has to deliver...

Today I've watched upto ep 40 of Konjiki no Gash Bell!! and ep 21 of Naruto Shippuden (human form Sasori has the same VA as Gash Bell's other main character, Kiyomaro which I found interesting)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Civ 4 Beyond the Sword, so haven't had much time for anything else this week. But managed to watch some animé between getting my butt handed to me by the Celts or Vikings.
Skull Man 13 The final episode. Good, damn good, Worked very well until the epilogue, which made little sense. Lead to understand if you've seen or read the original manga it make prefect sense, but haven't so not quite sure what's going on.
Claymore 17 - saw it coming, but fun non the less.
Nagasarete Airantou- 16-17- ohh now getting into virgin territory. Only comment is poor Suzu, looks like she didn't quite get what he meant during the fight, and the were so close too.
Dennou Coil 8- awwh why did the puppy have to die?. Also nice to see at least on character able to see the relationships even if the main characters cannot themselves.
Gundam Movie 2 - Still good is a little retro, but failing to see why Char is so popular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back